LFB Pay Offer

Brigades who are making these local pay offers did have another option if they wanted to avoid strikes and pay their workforce more.  They could have combined their force with the FBU and lobbied the government for better pay for EVERYONE and upheld the principle of the NJC.  

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

A few months ago, Andy Burnham could have paid GMFRS Ffs 7.5% for MTA. LFB couldn't get anywhere near that. The EC and LFB pleaded with GMFRS to have parity so 2% was settled on in order for unity 🤷‍♂️

If LFB go their own way on this one, which is pretty much guaranteed, then don't be surprised, especially in London, if other FRS's agree their own remuneration packages for things like EMR etc.

It would be ironic if due to little to no appetite for EMR in London by LAS and LFB, London Ffs were up in arms if Smallshire, Mediumshire and other Met FRS etal give theirs 8%+ for EMR and then further increases for extra responsibilities.

• Like 1

Haven’t Greater Manchester said they can match the pay offer?

I’m sure I’ve seen letter I’ve seen from Manchester FBU that said if a deal can’t be struck nationally they will look for a local pay deal, but I may have that wrong I’ll have to have a look.

A local FBU rep has said 9 brigades are on board and can match it so let’s hope it’s true and others can to avoid any issues.

9 hours ago, Percy said:

If LFB go their own way on this one, which is pretty much guaranteed, then don't be surprised, especially in London, if other FRS's agree their own remuneration packages for things like EMR etc.

What makes you think in guaranteed that LFB go their own way? Latest email I had from the FBU;

We understand that there is a lot of confusion and misinformation following the recent offer made to members in LFB, but the tone of this circular and accompanying letter is clear, nothing less than a national pay offer for all firefighters will be acceptable.

• Like 2

Optimistic is an understatement...

The ideological stance of our government is currently that they would rather see the country descend into chaos and ruin rather than give an inch to any trade union. 

We are likely to get a pay deal out of this, at the expense of our service delivery and ultimately to the detriment of the paying public. The government couldn't give less of a damn.

• Like 1
  • Kudos 1

After 12 or 13 years of below inflation pay rises, I don't blame FBU members for voting to strike in such numbers.

Frankly I think you have all shown patience and restraint not to have walked out before.

I have been retired 14 years now, but will pop down and offer my support if the FBU decide to mount picket lines. 

The 1977 strike was 9 weeks of hell and we all emerged emotionally and financially bruised. So be prepared for the same,  or worse.

But above all, do not let the feckers split the dispute by offering regional deals. Unity is most definitely strength

• Like 5
  • 2 weeks later...