The King is Dead. Long Live the King !!!

CaptainFlack

'Congratulations' doesn't do it justice! We all know how hard you've worked, we know you've had countless knock backs and... 'Unfortunately on this occasion' letters but you kept at it, you've personified commitment and that commitment has finally paid off.

As a family we are very proud of you and you should be too. The 'journey' has been painful but you have consistently shown a level of determination and inner strength few others could. If you had fluked in at attempt 1 or 2 this strength wouldn't have been tested but tested it has been and you're a better man for it.

I know what type of character traits I would want in people with me in a tough situation or BA job - they mirror yours and your experience will now serve as an example and encouragement to others.

Enjoy the rest of your holiday.

Mission Acomplished. 

• Like 1

CaptainFlack, you are the epitome of effort and determination and for that you 100% deserve your place on the training course.

Ive said it to many applicants over the years and you have just proven me right, if you want something bad enough you will eventually get it.

Well done mate, now it is your duty to stick around here to help others?

• Like 2

Perseverance personified!  Thirteen years!  How many attempts was that?  It must have been really tough at times and it shows that those who are determined, don’t take the rejections as a personal attack but use them as motivation to improve will get their reward in the end.  No one deserves this moment of success more than you.  Well done.  I have no doubt that you will stick around here and pass your knowledge on to others yet to achieve their dream.

• Like 2

Congratulations! That level of determination is nothing short of incredible. The stories on this forum show how much hard work people put in to this. Your story is inspirational and just goes to show us applicants that we just have to keep on fighting. Well done and looking forward to hearing how you get on in the future.

• Like 2

Well done mate,

You deserve it enjoy.

starting to get my backside in gear as its still most definitely the job I still want to do. Good luck mate and I look forward to reading your blog ;) 

• Like 3

Cheers mate, the service is still short of firefighters at the minute. Next application kicks off in September, go for it !

I'm here if you need any help 

• Like 1

This is awesome mate well done. I remember seeing a post from you a while back about how long you’d been trying.

Proof right here that if you don’t give up you will succeed. A great example for other applicants to follow. Hats off to you. Absolute sheer determination.

• Like 1

Well Done Captain Flack!   Such resilience and strength of character is admirable. I reckon you are going to be an asset to your new employer. How did it feel opening that letter/e-mail????

Now stop mucking about and enjoy that career which is just the other side of your training course. 

I know you will be a bit busy for a while, but you are in a very good place to help others who are struggling with the entry process, so I hope you won't disappear 

Good luck!!

• Like 1

@Messyshaw - I am currently out of the UK on holiday so when the call came in I made sure my pina colada was topped up! It has been a blur ever since. I must have been the only candidate in history who received a phone call whilst floating on a lilo !

I'll be here to offer advice to anyone, you can count on that

Cheers folks ?☀️?

• Like 2
  • Kudos 1
8 hours ago, FireWalshy said:

Well done mate no better feeling than that phone call, I still remember it! 

Still running at a deficit, put your name down mate and go full circle 

• Like 1