Avon Success

JonesMrJones

@Gwentiori It has been a rollercoaster! Glad it's nearly over. I'm looking forward to another adventure now! I am using up my leave and resettlement leave to get out early enough. Good thing is that I will still be getting paid by The Army until the end of Aug (tax man will love that).

@CarlThanks again. I can honestly say that without this forum I would not have had been as well informed and I don't think I would have done so well. Hardly anyone that I spoke to during the whole recruitment process had heard of the forum. 

I can't wait to get stuck in. 

• Like 1

Well done mate, doesnt seem so long ago people were offering you commiserations, now its great that congratulations are heading your way. Welcome to the best job in the world

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, JonesMrJones said:

Hardly anyone that I spoke to during the whole recruitment process had heard of the forum. 

Which I do find strange considering where we rank on Google and how long we have been going, especially with the domain name we have along with the others domains we own.

This forum was the first thing I came across last May when I first applied for Avon. Maybe people don't sign up and just lurk about. 

Congratulations! Being new to this site I only read your story the other day and really felt for you! I couldn’t believe it. I’m sure you were devastated at the time as I certainly would of been. But you obviously have worked hard for the role, dusted yourself off when you have probably felt hard done by,  and turned a negative situation into a positive! Inspirational to say the least. Well done ?? 

• Like 1

Cheers. It was definitely frustrating the first time around. I was speaking to my wife this evening at dinner and I said to her I don't think I could have prepared anymore at all for it. I felt confident at all stages apart from the Maths online tests this time around. I will more than likely be blogging my training experiences and I will definitely be contributing to this forum lots more.   

Simple as putting it all into a word doc Tim and then creating the PDF document from it. No better way to help those wanting to follow their dream that reading it from a member or members who have started from scratch on here and achieve that dream ;)

• Like 1

Yes although obviously very pleased for you I was expecting to read this good news again... a model applicant if ever there was one.  Well done mate and we’ll deserved. 

• Like 1

@Carl Ok, I have 3 weeks off of work before I start the course so I will start it from the beginning with the whole recruitment phase then move onto the training. 

@Noddy Thanks. 

• 3 weeks later...

Congratulations.  It is well deserved.  You were one applicant I was sure would get in quickly having shown the right attitude all through the process, even when it didn’t go quite to plan first time.

• Like 1

I wholeheartedly agree with TandA, you can kind of get a feeling with someone when they join this site and from your first post onwards it was pretty apparent that you’d eventually get in.

Looking forward to that training diary mate.

• Like 1

Cheers guys. 

Reading the joining instructions it tells me that the course is residential. I was not expecting that. At least it will save me some money on fuel.  

Nice.  The best part of LFB training back then was the 2 week BA residential course at Morton Fire Service College.  It meant that after the days hard work you could just shower, eat, study and chill, as opposed to worrying about the rush hour commute home.

You've had a touch there.

Yep, should be good.

The wife was not that happy, she thought I was coming back home for good but now she has to wait another 9 weeks! 

• 2 weeks later...

They are having an open evening on 23rd may at the training school. 

We get to meet everyone on the course, the training and get shown around the center. We should also be given our kit as well. 

• Like 1