FSEB Lfm, SubO and StnO Exams

Noddy

Hi all, 

Probably for the older hands amongst us, but I’m after some info about the old promotion exams, particularly the Station Officer exam.

I passed my Leading Fireman exams in 2000, Sub Officer exam in 2001 and Station Officer in 2002.  I still have my certificates but nothing about the syllabus.  I’m particularly keen to remember what the 4 exam papers at SO level were…. 

So, who has these exams and can you help me? 

Blimey, that takes me back, FSEB Exams - how I hated them and all that pointless studying, but a nice feeling when the results came through

I did my LFms (as it was) in 1986 - failed but got it in 1987. Then the Sub O's in 1989 and the dreaded Stn O in 1994.

I failed to get the entire the IFE exam in three attempts. I gave up after I found that candidates  in Australia (who were sitting the same exam 24hrs before the UK) had emailed the questions to  UK candidates - apparently for a fee!!!! What a joke

I came across some old papers, study notes and lff and subs certificates when clearing out at work/home.

With only 6 more shifts not sure ill need them.

I could fill a skip with all the files and folders- there's only so much nostalgia you can keep !