London Firefighter

Nice one Steve!! Better late than never 😉

I shall enjoy reading that 👍👍

If anyone is looking for what life was really like as a firefighter in London when stations were ‘proper busy’, then look no further.  

• Like 2

I hope the book is better than the title 🙄🤔🤣

Seriously, luck with it Steve. Its such a long process isn't it?

If you are looking to cast actors for the film version of the book, I understand Alec Baldwin is available 🙄

• Haha 5

I agree with TandA about time 😂!! Have to say I am really looking forward to reading this. Having grown in the East End I am sure I will recognise a few places mentioned 😀

• Like 1

Be warned, I along with the entire LFB (and former LFB), will be utilising my patented 'Edric' bullshite detector @Steve .... and I have several sets of batteries 🙄🤣🤣

Any idea when the launch will be mate?

• Haha 4

No idea mate, it is with the publishers editing team, when I signed the contract back in June they said "Up to a year" I've just forgot about it to be honest until it comes back to me.

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh God NOOOO!!!!  😮

I am happy to read the book, indeed, I am looking forward to it - but please not an audiobook with Steve narrating it (unless its Stephen Fry) 🙄

It needs the sophistication of a west or north London voice, not an apple and pears, cor blimey guvnor, east end cockerney one🤔🤣

• Haha 3
9 hours ago, HB2016 said:

Hi @Steve, will your book be available through Amazon and will you be doing an audiobook version? Really looking forward to reading it!

Yes, Amazon is one of the routes the publisher takes. No plans for an audiobook at this time. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Messyshaw said:

not an apple and pears, cor blimey guvnor, east end cockerney one🤔🤣

That's the accent I'll be reading it in Messy.🤣

• Haha 1
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The publishing date is 31st August, got the first complimentary copies today, it can be pre-ordered here London Firefighter and hopefully available through this site soon. Just need to work all of this out with the publisher.

image.thumb.jpeg.d6fb60b5b354c7cadae876beeeeedb64.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Kudos 1
  • 2 weeks later...

This is superb news @Steve and will be a cracking read! I’m so glad you’ve done this, it would have been criminal not to.

Will you be venturing into Brunacini territory too? I think there is now more than ever a need for a UK version of some of his famous books regarding Incident Command and tactics, but from a UK perspective.

• Like 1

No way, there is a market for that in the US as with so many volunteer fire companies with little direction they feed on these type of books to inform their training and response. As we all know, the UK is a fully professional national service, with NOS, National guidance and so on. And as much as I might have some tricks up my sleeve based on hard won experience, that can be whispered into an ear or suggested on the fire ground, I don't think that would readily translate into 'Steve's book of tactics & fire command' without treading on lot's of toes and potentially undermining the good intent of the message. 

• Like 1
  • Kudos 1