Windscreen / Dirty Messages

Rory-495

22 hours ago, HB2016 said:

@Percy Why do you use 'Oscar offensive' I've noticed Dorset & Wilts do this too? We just use 'Oscar' or 'Delta' as if you're going to say Offensive or Defensive then why would you need the phonetic? (and vice versa) for example... 'Incident mode oscar, saveable property'. Just curious to know if there is something I don't know!

I think you'll find it's actually... 'O Oscar Offensive'. 

I genuinely thought this was a wind-up when I transferred and refused to say it at first 🤣

• Haha 1

Ive only heard a few give a rationale for the mode. Offensive Mode  is enough, do we need to use "Savable Property"

Im guessing that a message "Fire involving single premise, well alight, O Oscar Offensive Mode" would not go down well then 🤣

34 minutes ago, Jet said:

refused to say it at first

But are you saying you do now ;)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Maybe I should start a new thread, where you can all pop in for some 1 to 1 mentoring and support, on what you are allowed to say on the main scheme ?  I could call it “ the dyson one stop advice shop on how to accurately and appropriately formulate standard messaging from the fireground ” or something equally catchy ? I’d obviously  be operating a reward and penalty scheme based on performance. 

🤩🤗

• Haha 1

@Carl We have to provide a rationale - if we don't control will ping us saying 'what's your rationale'. Always so tempted to say "Because I'm the incident commander and that's what I've decided" but I'm not brave enough, you should see how shirty they get when we call them 'dispatch'!

@Kinmel I have seen thatches raised to the ground with the rationale 'saveable property' 😂

@Jet You are kidding me?

• 1 month later...
On 27/08/2021 at 00:34, HB2016 said:

@Percy Why do you use 'Oscar offensive' I've noticed Dorset & Wilts do this too? We just use 'Oscar' or 'Delta' as if you're going to say Offensive or Defensive then why would you need the phonetic? (and vice versa) for example... 'Incident mode oscar, saveable property'. Just curious to know if there is something I don't know!

I don’t get hung up on it to be honest - I do send Rationales though.

On 27/08/2021 at 23:27, Carl said:

Ive only heard a few give a rationale for the mode. Offensive Mode  is enough, do we need to use "Savable Property"

Im guessing that a message "Fire involving single premise, well alight, O Oscar Offensive Mode" would not go down well then 🤣

Definitely not Premise - there’s never been a Premise in history that’s been on fire 😉

It’s a purely made up Fire Brigade word to describe a singular building.

A bit like ‘Substansive🤷🏻‍♂️😂

On 27/08/2021 at 23:27, Carl said:

Yes - simply saying Oscar or Defensive is just one side of the coin - the rationale is just that, why are you… for Saveable Life, Saveable Property, Prevent Escalation, Environmental Protection etc etc.

Likewise Defensive rationales too… why are you not making an attempt to enter the area of increased risk, what are your reasons?

In any court or enquiry, if it’s not written down it didn’t happen - this way at least my complete DRA is recorded and time stamped. 😉

You just wait until I’m the Head of OA Carl - we’ll all be doing them 😂

10 hours ago, Percy said:

Definitely not Premise - there’s never been a Premise in history that’s been on fire

That was the point of my quote, to put in as many mistakes as possible 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Carl said:

That was the point of my quote, to put in as many mistakes as possible 🤷‍♂️

Sorry pal I was awake all night at MAIAT.

• Like 1