West Midlands Success

JuanFran

Congratulations @JuanFran. About time. Always nice to see one of our very active members achieve their goal. 

Just reading your introduction post and I quote the below taken from it.

I'm aiming to pass recruitment first time, but am determined to try as many times as necessary. 

Your perseverance has paid off and this is what we say to all the hopefuls. If you stick at it, work hard, you will get there. 

Hope this serves as a reminder to all those still trying. ;)

Well done. I shall open the Blog to you now as requested ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Fantastic post @JuanFran and congratulations on getting your offer of employment. For many including myself it’ll be a day you will remember for all your career. To find out you have been successful and got to the end especially after lots of hard work, there isn’t quite another feeling like it. Enjoy your course and what lies ahead. Well done again you’ve earned it.

• Thanks 1

Thanks @Carl. I'm looking forward to writing the blog. It is about time! 1 year wait between assessment day and starting training!

Thanks @Andy1.It's been some time ago now, but you've been a massive help to me, and dozens of others.

• Like 2

Superb read @JuanFran and a huge congratulations mate. Always appreciated your advice on the forum, truly happy your day has come. Good luck in your new career, I’m looking forward to reading your training blog. All the best 

• Like 1

Well done @JuanFran!

I remember you asking about WFRS' recruitment process while you were going through it. I remember thinking then that with your commitment and dedication you'd eventually get through, I was very surprised you didn't make it through our physicals. 

I'm glad you finally got in, cherish your time at training school as it goes by in a flash!

I'm looking forward to your training log. 

All the best for your new career. 

• Like 1

Thanks @Copey25! In the Warwickshire physicals, It was the equipment assembly (different than the standard one most FRS's do), the tunnel (I let go of the rope) and the ladder extension (not quite sure what I did wrong), this were the things that failed me. All the other tests, I was told I passed to a very high standard. 

We live and we learn.

I am looking forward to training school. I'm sure it will be tough, but I'm also sue I'll enjoy it. 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi , well done and congratulations it was lovely reading your post and informative, I have just been told my next stage is assessment day just waiting on dates taking longer then usual I guess because of covid, very nervous as not 100% sure what to expect, Nevertheless I have purchased both the books you have mentioned so thanks for that . Good luck with your training.

• Like 1