Workwear

We’re wearing the sewn in crease trousers with the crotch that tears out straight away, standard generic blue shirt that has just been re issued with the snazzy new logo ?.

a mixture of ‘how cheap can we get it?’ Black t shirts.

In my opinion our workwear is outdated and doesn’t represent both the worK we do and how society perceive us and their expectations.

A uniform can be smart, more importantly practical and comfortable and not include a shirt. 

Polos would be more than smart enough for day to day as well as having other benefits such as the raised collar to protect your neck.

trousers are long overdue replacement, I’m fortunate in that one of my roles issues 5.11 tru troos, they are superb and last forever. My other role requires me to wear some sewn crease nylon shockers. 

Footwear is again an area where in one role I wear the haix slippers which are superb for general use and rope work. In my other role I have been issued cheap Arco shoes that have plastic tread and no support at all. 

Smart dress for bollockings or parades yes, day to day- nah leave that to the office folk.

Hampshire for me

Some fantastic replies, however I have no idea which service many of the replies refer too ? I looked at profiles, but even they do not make mention to which service the individual is from?

• Sad 1