Incidents Numbers Typically in Progress

Noddy

Having just checked what’s happening in the West Mids (being on call) we have 11 incidents in progress across our region.  Nothing too dramatic to report and mainly secondary fires but here we are at 3pm on a hot Sunday afternoon and it’s not as many as you may think. 

so, typically, how many incidents is your brigade handling at any one time?

(i appreciate it depends on many things.... hence typically) 

Usually somewhere between 5 and 10 at a time I'd say. My last couple of tours been more like 15 most afternoons /evenings.

29 incidents at 19:39 one make up (4pf property), one Hazmat and the rest a mish mash. 41 vehicles and 4 officers currently attached to incidents.

6 hours ago, Noddy said:

Nothing too dramatic to report and mainly secondary fires but here we are at 3pm on a hot Sunday afternoon and it’s not as many as you may think. 

I know what it was like, ive been in and out of the station all day on Hay Mills’ BRV, including one grass fire that ended up a make up ( by the time we had got the hosereel connected up to 3 lengths of 64 hose we didnt have enough water to fill the hose .... or enough hose to connect to the nearest hydrant )

Its common knowledge that our BRVs are taking a battering during this hot spell

• Haha 1

24 live incident now at 22:15. 48 vehicles and 7 officers out. However, this is because there is a 4pf in the basement at the Olympia exhibition centre, a 4p grass fire on a railway embankment with a USAR attednace for access, a water rescue on the down river part of the Thames out west and a person in precarious position. So fewer calls but more complex incidents make for more people out. Which is actually quite interesting.

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Luminoki said:

I know what it was like, ive been in and out of the station all day on Hay Mills’ BRV, including one grass fire that ended up a make up ( by the time we had got the hosereel connected up to 3 lengths of 64 hose we didnt have enough water to fill the hose .... or enough hose to connect to the nearest hydrant )

Its common knowledge that our BRVs are taking a battering during this hot spell

Park it slightly closer to the fire Luminoki, that would batter it good and proper.;)

19 hours ago, Steve said:

24 live incident now at 22:15. 48 vehicles and 7 officers out. However, this is because there is a 4pf in the basement at the Olympia exhibition centre, a 4p grass fire on a railway embankment with a USAR attednace for access, a water rescue on the down river part of the Thames out west and a person in precarious position. So fewer calls but more complex incidents make for more people out. Which is actually quite interesting.

Steve,

I am going to miss your access to this live information when you go !!!

Me too....

BTW, it clouded over and cooled right down this afternoon.... a paltry 12 incidents as we speak at 19:32 with only 17 motors out and no Officers..... aaaaand breathe!!!

• Like 1

So after a mad day of the usual plus a good number of grass fires, we've just had a thunder storm glance Central/N London, which has brought a rash of flood calls.

57 incidents, 68 appliances out, 5 officers out.

Included in this are a siege in NW London, a corrosive substance attack on a Police biker at the Trump Demo, an RTC and 5 confirmed fires.

611 for the day so far.

??

LFB Incidents.jpg

Tonight is one of the busiest I've known in my short tenure in the job. 

Currently have 27 appliances out of 60something in the brigade at incidents.

It's been constant like that for about 12 hours now.