Derbyshire Success

Hattie

First of all, congratulations, well deserved after the work you have put in. :)

Secondly, thank you for such a detailed post, its always nice to see posts of this detail which will of course help lots of others. 

Thirdly, look forward to your course, its the start of an amazing journey. 

Finally, if you fancy completing a diary of your training, we would be more than happy to publish it. ;)

• Thanks 1

Well done and your in depth post will help myself and others to hopefully fulfil our ambitions and join respective services. All will be different but at least we will have an insight to things that may be coming our way. well done again ?

Well done @Hattie

the times I’ve seen you post that you hadn’t been successful to now posting this is a shining example of your desire and determination!

Enjoy your career 

• Thanks 1

Thank you for sharing @Hattie I have fell down at the online tests for some of mine and the physical day for Staffs I will take all your advice on board and hopefully get in a FRS soon. Congratulations on achieving your dream                                 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Thankyou all so much! Its lovely to receive your well wishes after what feels like driving through this recruitment together.

Sorry I haven't replied sooner (soo ungrateful) I've moved into my new flat in Derby woop! 

@Carl I'd be happy to write a diary, although I fear it'll probably be overly frank and will need vetting ?

Well done @Hattie

You’ve been a great inspiration following your progress through the applications, well deserved after all your hard work!

Wish you all the best through training and into your career.

Looking forward to your future posts about how training is going!

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

@Hattie Just seen this post! I’m thrilled for you! Very well done. 

I will always remember that stupid memory test for staffs ?

Enjoy your career and I hope to share my success story in the future. 

All the best ! ?

• Thanks 1

First post alert!

Congrats Hattie - such an interesting read and also a confidence booster for somebody who has just been knocked back from the most recent LFB recruitment drive :( :( Suppose i just have to keep trying!

I'm baffled by how you applied for 9 brigades in 7 month, I've only seen 4 recruit so i'm clearly doing something wrong! 

Also do you live in Derbyshire? I'm based in Buxton.

Thankyou @sargentsiri ?

Yes I live in Derby centre now.
Make sure you attend the awareness days beginning in July they are super helpful. There is a page dedicated to them on the website where you can register. Buxton awareness day was my first ever taste of the fire service! 

Are Derbyshire recruiting again this year that you know of, i get the feeling they are for some reason?! 

I've been to those awareness days a few times, albeit a few years ago & for retained at Buxton. (Unfortunately I was younger & slightly over confident in my skills back then! But we all grow up!) The BA crawl assessment under the floor of the smoke house was a MASSIVE eye opener!!  

Edited by Carl
Quote removed as it is a direct reply. See FAQ
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

This is a brilliant read buddy over the moon for you although I’m abit gutted you’ve got no magic golden ticket for me on how to pass the maths and English as I’ve gone for 3 different services so far and keep failing on these, interesting to see you got through being good at roulette as this is the way I can see me getting through if I ever do lol I’ve had private tuition and have got no problems with maths but for some reason I can’t pass the buggers! All the best