Door Breaking Kit

Humberside have some new kind of lock breaker they use to save taking the door down.  They do a lot of assist ambulance now to gain entry and various people I have spoken to rate this new kit.

Not seen it yet for myself yet though.

If it's the lock snapper, (looks like a metal bar with a hollow cut out for lock barrel at one end in a plastic case) then we have them on the run here. Good bit of kit, easy to use.

We're not doing gaining entry for ambo as yet and I've not heard it mooted for us (probably means we'll be doing it next tour!)

We've done all the training on this and seen the kit, however our FRS have said they won't be funding it. If the local authorities don't want to pay for damaged to doors made by Door Rams, then they are going have to stump up for them. 

Please Note: Most of us know which bit of kit this is, but may be worth keeping the details basic due to the nature.

• Kudos 1

I was down in Hampshire recently and they have a great set of kit including

Mica cards,Lock snapper, door shovel amongst a few bits more. All on the run in a decent bag for about £85! Bearing in mind we have already attended around 400 of these calls since the NY it should save a fortune in boarding up costs?

London have a crows foot hydraulic tool, enforcer, pry bar, halligan and a rubber hammer. This makes up our forced entry kit and is actually pretty good... Unless you're on a two pump station... And it's stowed on the pump ladder... And they send the pump to all calls like lock outs and assist ambulance with entry! 

• Kudos 1

That's always annoyed me, it's such simple, relatively low cost equipment that it should be carried on all the trucks including FRU's.

• Kudos 1
7 hours ago, BurtMacklin said:

That's always annoyed me, it's such simple, relatively low cost equipment that it should be carried on all the trucks including FRU's.

It annoys me that all front line trucks don't carry a full size hooly tool. They're so so useful.

I think one day you London boys will have to play like the rest of us and have all the kit on the trucks rather than sticking certain things on certain pumps...it's the way forward don't ya know, a full toolkit rather than half - awaits incoming ? Oh no wait- you don't own the trucks do you.

Shropshire just all been issued with the new kit including lock snapper, lock slipper etc and a new mini ram. All appliances carry full size hooligan bars along with crow bars etc. 

• Kudos 1
  • 4 years later...

I'm a locksmith by trade. I'm hoping if and when I get in I can help teach some entry techniques to whatever brigade I join. I'm always attending a jobs where the FRS have been first. It's a nightmare repairing the damage.  It must be costing a fortune? 

@Noddy I can imagine, I've been asked by a friend who's a CM at West Mids to teach his watch on basic lock picking when the covid situation slows down. 

But regarding lock snappers etc. They're only good if you have a good grip on the lock, fitted incorrectly, and it's not got any security features, With the rise of high security and 3 stars locks about, Its pretty useless anyway. 

Most 3 stars I have the dedicated picks. 9 times out of 10 I can open ultions in less than 30 seconds. Which is equal to the time of setting that snapper thing up 😆 

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, can we have a common sense approach to this thread please. Not sure detailing on a public forum how we carry out this task is professional. Ive had to delete a few already. 

Before anyone comes and says it's all over the internet anyway, and already in the public domain, that's fine, but don't be putting this sites name to any of it please. 

I've always found it amazing the stuff people have in their personal kit. We've only got the sledge/hooli option, or the tool box, so come a gain access, everyone has their own little tools. I carry bump keys, some invest in personal lock snappers, others have door slips etc etc.