Old Fire Stations

@Matt. Be patient mate as Lambeth fire station will be flats soon, so perhaps you might be interested in putting a bid in?

As a guide, a 1 bedroom flat - measuring 30 x 21ft - across the river, and a courtyard view (no river)  is going for £1,069,000 - which apparently works out a £4,268 per month - plus huge monthly service fees for the gym, pool and caretaker - sorry, concierge!! ;)

Property for Sale

Edited by Keith
Link formatted correctly

I would want the whole building for that price!!  I could buy an island for less than that!  I'll stay up north I think, too busy a place for me normally.

I was under the impression it was been redeveloped and the museum was going in in there and other bits and bobs?

@Matt The 90,000m2+ site includes the old LFB HQ building  and workshops at the rear and will create 443 homes, workspaces for 1260 jobs, a fire station and museum for 100,000 visitors a year. 

eightalbertembankment.com

Edited by Keith
Link formatted correctly

Up until it closed, it was believed that Clerkenwell was the oldest operational Fire Station in Europe... it wasnt a guess, it was researched to a degree, having been built in 1872 and subsequently extended. The building is still there but hasn't been used in 6 years. Millwall that @Carl speak about was closed and replaced by a new station in 2005, the building is now flats with a restaurant on the ground floor. I think this leaves New Cross (1894) as the oldest LFB station still operational?

A Station in Stockholm, Sweden now claims to be the oldest in Eurpoe from 1876.

Millwall.jpg

• Like 3