HWFRS Whole-time Success

Nick Sims

Hi All,

I just wanted to give my 'pennies worth' with reference to the whole-time process. My hat goes off to all those that are successful from 'Civi street', but for me, after all the years of trying, being a retained fire fighter was the best preparation for me to achieve my goal of becoming a WT Fire Fighter. I have been a RDS Fire Fighter for the past 10 + years and would recommend it to anyone that would like to eventually become WT. The Service are always looking for RDS personnel so I would strongly recommend this as a 'route in', however, it is not guaranteed and unless your are very lucky it is not an overnight solution, but will give you the introduction and the opportunity to forge relationships which will make the integration if you are lucky enough much easier.

I really enjoy helping people so If anyone has any questions or wants any advice in becoming either WT or RDS then please do not hesitate to contact me.

Roll on the 19th March 2018 for my conversion course......

I look forward to posting more in the future wherever I can, to help people and exchange information to help become the best Fire Fighter I can be.

Happy New Year all.

• Like 2
  • Kudos 1

Well done Nick. I’ll look forward to meeting you in the near future, I am one of those new recruits from ‘civi street’ and start my training on January 17th. Can’t wait! 

Well done mate, you’ll soon learn that Fire Station life is very different to RDS life.

You’ll get what I mean soon enough.

Edited by Carefree