High Rise

Dyson

Just wanted to ask, what you guys are doing at high-rise that may fall outside of SOP?

I'm thinking in particular about 

1. Residential blocks with no rising main, and open landings? Are you hauling hose to the fire floor, or using the stairwells ? are you establishing bridgeheads, or not? Does your SOP/NOG/TOG cover this?
  2. None residential, Buildings with rising mains, and protected stairways, but where the fire loading is significant and the floors are open plan. Does your SOP recognise a difference between residential and non residential ?

Cheers :) 

Mate, as non ops since 2011, I am out the loop as it were but when I was, I used to haul HR's up the outside of high rises with open landings.  I would never do this though until I had taken the wagons down and checked firstly we could reach and secondly what pressure we could get.

Specifically to your questions, I will have to go and find out... 

On 31/08/2017 at 10:01, Dyson said:
  • Residential blocks with no rising main, and open landings? Are you hauling hose to the fire floor, or using the stairwells ? are you establishing bridgeheads, or not? Does your SOP/NOG/TOG cover this?

Yes hauling up the outside as long as the appliance can get directly below. Stairwells used as another option. Bridgehead also established. Not covered in SOP!

• None residential, Buildings with rising mains, and protected stairways, but where the fire loading is significant and the floors are open plan. Does your SOP recognise a difference between residential and non residential ?

At a non-res DRM charged as usual and yes our SOP's do cover this.....at last!!