Rosenbauer Appliances

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to find out about them too. They look very slick on their website with so many storage options with what looks like solid build quality. I wonder how they survive over the years.

They are well built I will give you that.  Very continental with some things as they are big over there but different to what the UK is used to.  Now most will know them for the aerial's and crash trucks (the Panther) in the UK but Angloco used to be the UK distributor and Mid & West Wales had a number of Rosenbauer bodied trucks and are still on the run.

Manchester have a couple of bits on order truck with with them at the moment, Buckinghamshire have 3 MAN's they have just taken delivery of, Lancashire has the Rosenbauer Stinger and West Midlands have just bought the demo MB Sprinter that Rosebauer have bodied as a replacement for the BRV I am told.

Price wise I am told they are cheaper than a Bronto built appliance but I've only heard that third hand.

I do have some images that I will try and upload showing their stuff off at an open day they had in January.

I've heard that of the 6 high reach turret crash trucks in the U.K., 4 have had pipe work burst whilst under pressure, and all of Heathrow's trucks are going back to have the water tanks off to fit new prop shafts as they were failing after a few thousand miles. The B-type pump ladder has an all electric pump control panel mounted on the pump bay door so wonder how it'll fair after a few years of getting wet in the rain. On the plus side they look good. 

A few rumours going around they were looking for a bit of a bigger but still smallish appliance so it can carry more as they are close to weight I am lead to believe.  Your the man in the know better than I am but heard it from a few sources.

Nope not them, believed to be TRU vehicle.  The CRV's there is only 1 ready even though the vehicles have been sat at Leigh for ages.

@Noddy there is a MB Sprinter on demo with WMFS at the moment, not sure what or where its been used for.

The sprinter is for a trial of our next venture.....hospital discharges.  Yes, hospital discharges.  Patients who can be discharged from hospital will be taken home by fire crews and settled in. 

• 2 weeks later...

See the postI  put up about the AT Stinger, which is their pimping appliance with the addition of the Stinger boom package. I was the sponsoring officer for the project and visited the factory in Austria with the 2 FF's who were the Ops leads for me. It was impressive, with a moving production line for the AT. All the parts with exception for the chassis are made in house. Their storage options are very clever, and we used the project to not only evaluate the Stinger, but to look at storage, cab options and the pump.

I believe overall it has been positive, as it has been on the run at Blackburn as the second pump for over 8 months.