Unconditional Offer Cheshire Fire & Rescue

Rainydays

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone on this forum. I have been lurking in the shadows here since Christmas 2022 when I first requested info on how to become a wholetime firefighter from Cheshire fire service. Last week I got the unconditional offer and start training 4th September.

I can't explain how big this is for me, it's a second career as I'm mid 30s now, and this is going to change my life completely! 

Great advice that helped me was;

- be confident and polite at the practical tests. What you don't say/how you conduct yourself is often as important as what you do say.

- ask any firefighters you know for advice. They are so helpful and want you to be successful.

- back yourself that you will get through. I started prepping for the interview early on in the process, even though I wasn't sure I'd get an interview, just to be more prepared. I also sent my interview notes to a few good friends for honest feedback and editing, then voice recorded them and listened to my notes in the car, on runs, whilst cooking tea etc.

---

Left to my own devices I probably would have worried at the practical tests, not asked anyone for help, and waited until I had an interview date before starting preparing for it. 

So thanks again to the forum, very good advice. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Kudos 1