WMFS Recruitment Success

Jack.B

Your acceptance for employment as a trainee FF coincides with mine 46 years ago, and although much has changed (for the better), its reassuring to recognise that your raw excitement reminds me of exactly how I felt as the weeks slowly - too slowly - wound down to my first day.

At the end I came out of training school into the first ever FBU national strike. Its likely too that you may have your early career effected by an industrial dispute, but after reading the huge effort you made to get this far, I doubt as if that will cause you any problems

Congratulations and well done on that super human effort. A fine example to many others here whose heads are dropping after another year perhaps without success that the key is to keep on going. Would I have had your strength and resilience to carry on? I would like to think so, but I really don't know.

Enjoy your journey..... I did!

• Like 1

Might see you on your trauma care course apparently the one I had from Cheshire when I transferred in was not good enough to warrant a refresher or assessment so I've got to do a full course with you lot at the end of Jan. Although it does clash with a USAR course so who knows what they'll have me doing. 

Congratulations and maybe I'll see you soon.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 24/12/2022 at 15:47, Rory-495 said:

Huge congratulations! Maybe write a blog on here with the process and then how the course is progressing? Would be helpful for new applicants 

It’s certainly a great idea! If I have the time I’ll post some stuff!

On 23/12/2022 at 23:42, Messyshaw said:

Your acceptance for employment as a trainee FF coincides with mine 46 years ago, and although much has changed (for the better), its reassuring to recognise that your raw excitement reminds me of exactly how I felt as the weeks slowly - too slowly - wound down to my first day.

At the end I came out of training school into the first ever FBU national strike. Its likely too that you may have your early career effected by an industrial dispute, but after reading the huge effort you made to get this far, I doubt as if that will cause you any problems

Congratulations and well done on that super human effort. A fine example to many others here whose heads are dropping after another year perhaps without success that the key is to keep on going. Would I have had your strength and resilience to carry on? I would like to think so, but I really don't know.

Enjoy your journey..... I did!

Thanks mate! It’s inspiring to hear that and hear from someone who had that excitement. I’ve always wanted to be a firefighter, from as long as I can remember. Never considered anything else and although I’ve worked for other emergency services, I always knew firefighting was the end goal (in respect to what I wanted to be). I honestly can’t put into words the excitement I’m feeling. I’m also feeling confident (but not cocky), as I’ve done a lot of pre learning over the last month or so that I found on their portals. So I’m at least going into training with some base of knowledge on Fire Behaviour, BA, Hose, Pumps, Ladders, Etc. I honestly can’t wait to start, yet it still doesn’t seem real 😂.

As for the strikes, they are preparing for the course to be hit by it as I received a letter explaining that if they do it, the course will be tweaked. But this will just mean extending it or moving things around so I’ve got no worries really. I’m lucky to be here in the first place! I guess it’ll mean more time to study 🤷‍♂️.

On 27/12/2022 at 11:36, Silvah098 said:

Might see you on your trauma care course apparently the one I had from Cheshire when I transferred in was not good enough to warrant a refresher or assessment so I've got to do a full course with you lot at the end of Jan. Although it does clash with a USAR course so who knows what they'll have me doing. 

Congratulations and maybe I'll see you soon.

Ah mad, yeah I’ll have to look out for you!

On 27/12/2022 at 19:32, Luminoki said:

Congrats mate, been following your journey on twitter and im made up for you

Thanks mate, I think you’re the third or fourth person to say that and I’m like wow, someone actually follows my twitter 😂😂. I’ll be definitely posting updates on there about my progress 💪