Fire Statistics 2021

Becile

Interesting stats. A five percent increase in total incidents on the previous (covid lockdown year). Not to extrapolate too much but I think the stats have largely levelled out since the "glory days" of the late 90s/early 00s busy-ness.  

Flooding up 12%, medical response up 22% and collaborative incidents up by 25%. Climate change and assisting other agencies I think are where we'll see the biggest change in statistics on coming years, fires and special services staying fairly stable short of massive social unrest.

A 27% rise in fire related deaths, that's a massive rise - has anyone any idea what might be behind it?

Cutbacks? Covid? or a statistical blip? 

After all the £millions spent on CFS, this is worrying news 

1 hour ago, Messyshaw said:

A 27% rise in fire related deaths, that's a massive rise - has anyone any idea what might be behind it?

A melting pot of cuts, social issues (including cost of living) and the state of the built environment.

We recently lost 2 separate families mid evening with attendance times of 3.5mins and 2.45mins respectively which i’d suggest the social issues played a huge part in how those fires started and burned so fierce.

• Agree 1

@Aspire But hasn't that always been the case, in that lower income = equal greater risk of death by fire?

I really cannot see that the cost of living which is biting now (but adly hasn't peaked yet) has fuelled a 27% increase in fire fatalities across 2021

But statistics are a mysterious science even more unfathomable to women, so it could be a blip. Let's hope some civil servant in the Home Office is researching this...... before they get made redundant 😡

5 hours ago, Messyshaw said:

@Aspire But hasn't that always been the case, in that lower income = equal greater risk of death by fire?

Yes it has, but coupled with the ever increasing failure in buildings that we are seeing and the types of materials that are in peoples homes, along with some further travel distances. I can see it heading towards the perfect storm this winter.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
2 hours ago, OscarTango said:

Not to be the PC Police but I'm assuming you meant "unfathomable THAN women" 😂

Bloody autokorrect😉