Casualty Care Course (External)

Adrian

Hi folks,

Just wondering if anybody has done an external (not Fire Service) Casualty Care course and if it has helped to keep your skills refreshed?

I done my fire service Cas Care course a few months ago and found it really interesting but I feel like I want to go further and learn more or at least keep my skills fresh.

Can anybody recommend a good course provider in the South West?

Thanks!

@Adrian just be cautious around what you have clinical governance to do medical-wise mate.
Your local Ambo service will cover you to perform any medical care that’s covered under the agreement between them and your brigade, but if you exceed that, you could leave yourself open to legal dramas.

• Like 1

Whereabouts are you in the SW? Rig Systems in Okehampton, Cornwall Training in St Austell are two that spring to mind. Have a look at the FREC suite of courses. You might be able to bypass FREC 3 if your current in house qualification meets the criteria.

• Like 1
On 12/04/2022 at 10:57, C_Iain said:

@Adrian just be cautious around what you have clinical governance to do medical-wise mate.
Your local Ambo service will cover you to perform any medical care that’s covered under the agreement between them and your brigade, but if you exceed that, you could leave yourself open to legal dramas.

Fair point mate, I hear what you're saying but I guess really what I'm looking for is somewhere I can just refresh the skills I've already learned TBH, just trying to keep ahaead of skill fade etc.

8 hours ago, JonnyHolbs said:

Whereabouts are you in the SW? Rig Systems in Okehampton, Cornwall Training in St Austell are two that spring to mind. Have a look at the FREC suite of courses. You might be able to bypass FREC 3 if your current in house qualification meets the criteria.

Thank you for that, Ill def have a look at these as I'm only about 45 mins from Oakhampton. 

Sounds like just what I'm looking for 👍