First Day / Week Essentials

Toffer

So I have passed my training and am due to start on station next week 😬. What essentials do I need? I am obviously going to get the cakes/ doughnuts but what else? I have been told about things I should carry in my tunic such as knife, spanner (10mm?)  chinagraph, anything else? I have also been told to have some snacks for those middle of the night jobs? Any other tips/ advice? 

• Like 1

Cakes are a good start 😂Just turn up and absorb everything, do what’s needed, it’s really as simple as that, you will have a lots to learn and other things to get on with in between doing that, always stay or at least look busy, and enjoy it, you will have no doubt worked hard to get to this point, good luck 👍 personal line is a good one to have also.

• Thanks 1

Cakes, maybe a spanner. Pen and notepad is a must always

Don't get too wound up about getting lots of bits before you start - just being what was issued and the cakes and as Jono said, absorb everything and bring a ton of enthusiasm 

• Thanks 1

A mini notepad will help, but the biggest essential in my opinion is just to turn up with a good attitude and you will be fine

A good attitude and willingness to learn will get you a long way and will be remembered and will help you throughout your career as you never know who’s help you may need one day once people go up the ranks 😄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As others have said, bring enthusiasm. You'll see what kit to buy based on what you wish you had on a regular basis. If you're at a more rural station, you may want different personal kit to someone who is in the suburbs.  

• Thanks 1