Station Cooking

I always ate well on station but I recently have envy for a particular member of the forum who sits on a station in GMFRS and eats better than a king. Take a look at the pics below which are just a few of the meals they eat on the watch which I have grabbed from his social media page.

I'm sure he will be along as soon as he sees this post, just to gloat. 😂

How many other stations eat as good as this these days?

Meal 1.jpg  Meal 2.jpg  Meal 3.jpg

Meal 4.jpg  Meal 5.jpg  Meal 6.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Kudos 1

Here is the list relating to the pictures above. I cant read them without feeling hungry 😂

1. No name given to this one, but listed as a healthy meal
  2. Beef rendang with toasted coconut and cucumber Pico de gallo
  3. Double burgers, with caramelised onions, bbq pulled pork and pickled slaw
  4. Krakatoa pork steaks with sticky coconut rice
  5. Greek salad with Greek style chicken and homemade tzatziki with an iced coffee
  6. Korean sticky pork
  • Haha 1

Far too much time on their hands obviously...lol, more prevention work required (said a government spokesman (sorry spokesperson ))

My lunch generally consists of a pot noodle

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1. Was a chicken Caesar salad.

And you know me Carl, never one to gloat, but a watch that eats together, stays together. Senior watch on station and the only one thats fully manned obviously! 😂

• Kudos 1

I knew you would be along soon. May I welcome, @Mess6311, the best fed member of this forum. 😄

I agree, always enjoyed the watches better that ate together, I think its a must. ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

We are the only watch that goes for suppers every shift, some do a weekend brekkie, however as we take it in turn some meals are very good some not, however it works out cheaper and you know what goes in as well, one crimbo we had sprouts with cream, bacon, nuts and some secret herbs and spices, i was very shocked to find someone sat at night eating the left over mix like ice cream. Another jolly jape is sticking chickpeas in as a filler in anything wet with mince in, with explosive results later.

• Like 1

That's the sort of thing I would eat if I went to a restaurant for a meal out, them pictures look like they should be on a menu of some eatery.

Deliveroo to the fireground...we did it a few weeks back..50 pizzas! You end up being everyones best friend.(service credit card )

One of the shift is also RDS, they did this a few weeks back, nearly, but as the OIC had lost the pin number they went without not happy bunnies

21 hours ago, Becile said:

Deliveroo to the fireground...we did it a few weeks back..50 pizzas! You end up being everyones best friend.(service credit card )

50 pizzas!! We couldn’t even get the service to spring for 4 meals from Mcd’s when we’d been at a job for near enough whole day!

• 1 month later...

50 years ago station messing was the norm with traditional meals and barring shouts, supper was always served at 9pm on the dot.

Our watch was blessed with a new Sub Officer and at 9pm his office door would open and he would shout up the corridor " put mine in the oven".

We were disappointed with him on the day shifts, so on the first night we had a salad.

Most stations were busy, so meals were served with a slice of buttered bread on each side of the plate. Making a roast dinner sarnie in about 3 seconds was an art form.

• Like 2

Theres a few watches in West Mids that have meals that wouldnt look out of place in a michellin starred restaurant. All i can boast is our fried chicken, with mexican rice and honey glazed sweet potato fries

EE1007F1-BEA8-451A-B487-C2B011DA47C0.jpeg

Out of interest,  whats the going rate for messing charges, when i started brews were 25p and a meal 1.25.

Now its 2.50 a month for brews, and as its in turns to cook,at cost.

• 2 weeks later...