Rucksacks and Bags

Probably aimed more at the mobile officers amongst us, but open to anyone really. 

What bag do you use and why? Whats the disadvantages and advantages?

I have always found it hard to find a bag that I can use to store my laptop and all the other stuff I need that can be used to simply put in the car and also one I can take into meetings etc. Ive seen many an officer use the 5.11 type shoulders bags to the larger rucksacks. 

For many years I have used a North Face rucksack which has held up pretty well to be honest, but I thought I would start a discussion to see what's out there and why. 

In the army, and civi walking life, I always used a berghaus munro. It's indestructible. I knew a bloke get IED'd twice and it was still solid.

You can get modified ones too commercially available in all colours with millions of alterations through MOLLE straps and additional pouches. Would be perfect I'd imagine for any FRS role I can think of 

Have a look at Samsonite rucksacks. Practical and more than smart enough for those meetings (you'll have to hold it up to the camera for the Teams meetings though 😂)

We get issued rucksacks(if you want it). Think its a berghaus one, similar to this Rucksack I tend to mostly just have a lightweight fabric laptop case which also accomodates my daybook, otherwise it looks like im moving house. We used to get briefcases , looks a bit james bond just to keep yr sarnies in though!

Some good suggestions there. It's finding that fine balance of what I can throw in the car when turning out and what I can they go to a meeting with the next day. They take some battering. Never thought clipping my SANJ on would be such an issue. Obviously the Molle style bags fix this. 

@Carl Google Mil-tec laptop bags mate. Some stuff is Molle so you can attach the san-j. I’ve had a couple of the rucksacks for around 10 years. Good enough without spending 5.11 money. 5.11 quality speaks for itself. Helikon is another potential. Have a look at military1st.co.uk. Have a look at tactree.co.uk too.

• Like 1
On 23/02/2021 at 22:09, Carl said:

I got myself one of these and so far pretty impressed. ;)

I have found them rugged enough to put up with working offshore, but smart enough to be used in meetings. Hopefully the pass the officer test 😁

• Like 1