BBC - 999 Series

How many of us remember the BBC 999 Series. I used to watch it religiously and remember this clip being shown. 

I also remember working with Stn Officer Paul Gudgeon for about 8 years as I was on the white watch at a neighbouring station. 

The good old days.

I grew up watching it on a Friday night ( i think it was on at 9pm so i was allowed to stay up and watch, unlike Londons Burning which was on a school night ) part my tv routine which included The Bill and Michael Aspells Strange But True

It was not just the incidents, the segments covering West Mid’s training school ( anything fire service related i was all over ), Newquay life guards and teaching the viewer basic first aid made it a well rounded show for those that were interested in this type of work.

Notable jobs i remember were the rudimentary surgery for a collapsed lung on board a plane over the atlantic, a couple whose car caught fire in a lion enclosure at a safari park and a poor lad with a javelin through his neck. Plus lets not forget the Bedale Gas Bottling Plant

It had more influence on me to be a firefighter than Londons Burning, only because i only got to watch the latter if my stepdad remembered to record it on a Sunday night

• Like 2

There is a Facebook page that sell every episode (And loads of other rare tv series) on dvd for £15 

Not sure if I’m allowed name the page On here but if anyone wants the link let me know 

8 hours ago, Carl said:

Thank god its not just me, I usually end up going down the right hand column of YouTube and hours pass away :)

Not the only one, start watching something and end watching something totally unrelated.

• 2 months later...
On 06/10/2020 at 14:56, Carl said:

How many of us remember the BBC 999 Series. I used to watch it religiously and remember this clip being shown. 

I also remember working with Stn Officer Paul Gudgeon for about 8 years as I was on the white watch at a neighbouring station. 

The good old days.

I never worked with Paul Gudgeon but Eddie Kearsley told me a couple of cracking stories about him. 

• 2 years later...
On 08/10/2020 at 14:50, Harve88 said:

There is a Facebook page that sell every episode (And loads of other rare tv series) on dvd for £15 

Not sure if I’m allowed name the page On here but if anyone wants the link let me know 

Have you still got the link? There are a few episodes I'd like to track down but can't find on YouTube.