Chiddicks Family Tree

Hi, I am new to the forum and not sure if this is exactly the right place for this post, so feel free to move as required.

I have been an Industrial Fire Fighter for over 20 years (retired now) and have been researching my family history for a number of years. In amongst this, I discovered a few other fire fighters in my family tree (maybe its in the blood?).

One of of Fire Fighting relatives died during active service in WW2 and I have written an article about this that I want to share. As far as I'm aware the incident my great aunt died in, is still the largest loss of life at a single incident for the London Fire Brigade.

Anyway enough of me rambling, I hope you find this of interest.

Old Palace School WW2 Bombing

A Long Line of Firefighters

Cheers

Paul

Paul, I have moved your post into this section as I think its more relevant. Leaving it in the introductions section may have prompted replies which would then take the introduction topics into a different area. I have also modified the links and changed to title to reflect the topic, and its move into here.

• 1 month later...

This is one of the saddest and most tragic stories I have written about and what is still today, the Largest ever loss of life for the London Fire Brigade at one incident. This involves my Great Aunt, but it’s also one of the research projects that I am probably most satisfied with.

I should have added that this has been completely rewritten

Interesting read.  I knew a little about this incident from other sources but I certainly picked up more due to your personal connection.