Aerial Appliance Training

Dot

Morning All,

I'm after information relating to the above subject, to feed into one of my day to day roles:

When you've received a new aerial appliance type, who has trained you and to what course standard?

What maintenance of skills do you do, and again, to what standard?

If an operator leaves an aerial station to one that doesn't have one, do they retain their qualification?

Do you rely on wha the manufacturer tells you to formulate your operational tactics?

I'm hoping this will prompt a discussion leading to some kind of NOG recognition...

Dot

Hi Dot,

On the subject of keeping skills, we have a chap on our greens who is forever getting sent back to Soho/Paddington to cover the aerials on standby or PAO. Not sure how long he has been off an aerial station though. But definitely has the skill attributed to him 

5 day initial, delivered by Rosenbauer, instructor/assessor requal after 3 years with Rosenbauer (4 day course ) internal maintenance of competance test yearly for all (by internal instructor/assessors on a different watch) . New joiners must do the Moc over a period of hours equivalent to 4 days, then tested by another watch based assessor. Maintenance of skills throughout the year based on on the MOC.

Ive got the MOC /MOS some where if you want them.

• Like 1
On 22/12/2019 at 16:21, Rory-495 said:

Hi Dot,

On the subject of keeping skills, we have a chap on our greens who is forever getting sent back to Soho/Paddington to cover the aerials on standby or PAO. Not sure how long he has been off an aerial station though. But definitely has the skill attributed to him 

It's a problem, and I don't like it. However, aerial personnel not currently at aerial stations will lose their qualifications in the coming year and not be trained on the new appliances. Ta, Dot