Mission Accomplished! (GMFRS Success)

Andy1

Well done mate, thats one if the most comprehensive journeys ive read. Youve earned your place on a recruits course and more importantly youve done it with help  from this forum which is a testament to the knowledge on here

Good luck for your course

• Thanks 1

Your story is pretty much like for like with my experience I’ve been at it feb 2018 so a year behind you. Just started getting to interviews from struggling to get past maths/ English, lets hope I carry on the same trajectory lol, over moon for you bud 

• Thanks 1

Well done. Welcome to the best job in the world. 

From all accounts everyone on the next course has done a sterling job to get where you all are.

Enjoy TDC food !!!

• Thanks 1

Fantastic post @Andy1 and thanks for the kind words about the forum. It just goes to show that hard work pays off. Well done and clearly well deserved. 

Yes, we have made it stricter due to the fact that the quality and standards of recruits has not been what it should have been over the past few years. That is about to change but equally as enjoyable. :)

I will of course see you at some point. If you see me, make yourself known. 

Enjoy the course, it will be the best 14 weeks of your life and then some ;) If you need anything, just shout ;)

• Thanks 1

Thank you @Carl, after 9 months of waiting it still hasn’t actually sank in that I am going to be starting in 4 weeks time. It’ll be great to eventually put a face to a name so if I see you I’ll come for a chat.

Great read @Andy1 and well deserved! You’re right, all the info on this forum is well worth the money and certainly helped me in my journey also.

See you September 2nd at the training centre 👍

• Kudos 1

Congratulations @Andy1. You deserve it and are a model to follow. You are also one of the most helpful people on the forum and have been "walking the walk" of a firefighter and leader since long ago. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Congratulations mate! Goes without saying that you absolutely deserve this opportunity and I wish you nothing but the very best with it. Best of luck for the course and everything that will follow it, I’m sure you’ll smash it!

PS if you ever get homesick down there let me know and I’ll pop a parmo in the post 👍🏻

• Thanks 1

@Danyurl thanks mate, hahah best not talk about parmos on here as everyone will wonder what we’re on about 😆 I make a mean parmo so I might even treat the watch if I ever get loose in the kitchen!

Good luck with your applications, anything I can poss help with drop me a message. Fingers crossed for CFB next year!

• Like 1
  • 10 months later...