Learning Sources

HoldFast

I thought it could be useful to have a section for reading recommendations. I’ve been looking at Paul Grimwood’s Euro Firefighter books and wondered if anyone could recommend whether to buy 1&2 or if the latest one will be enough? It’s just to broaden my knowledge and understanding of the subject really. I think @Jet may have mentioned them in the past but can’t remember when or where. TIA

If anyone is interested in fire investigation and some aspects of fire dynamics go to www.cfitrainer.net .  Free training that I use for CPD. 

• Thanks 1

Yes it seems like ages ago I mentioned this. I haven't got round to reading them simply because I can't get hold of a copy and they are quite expensive books.

They are currently available on Amazon but as you say they are not cheap. The first one is 24 quid which I don’t think is too bad to be honest, but the second one is a tad more pricey. Might have a gander at the first one

• 3 weeks later...

HI HoldFast

I would recommend both as they compliment each other and cover some different areas, it will give you a much broader knowledge and understanding in this field.

Happy reading 

Jon

• 4 months later...

I was searching through the forum looking for some role related reading material and noticed that Euro Firefighter 1&2 are free to download as a pdf’s from the official site (The book is £40 on Amazon!) 

There are a fair few other pdf’s on the site that are worth a look should anyone be interested. 

Eurofirefighter downloads

Eurofirefighter 2

Eurofirefighter 2008

Edited by Keith
Links formatted correctly
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • 4 weeks later...

I agree with the above, both Paul Grimwoods Euro Firefighter books are excellent. 

I would also recommend Ben Walkers three books; Fire Dynamics for Firefighters, Reading Fire & Fighting Fire.

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...