Officer Shoes

I'm interested to see what shoes the officers amongst you wear. Ive started to see a variety of shoes appearing in GMFRS, predominantly the Oxford style shoes. Of course we are issued with a Doc Marten type shoe, although a cheaper version which we bull for our parades etc. However as I say, officers now appear to be buying their own better type of shoe.

Is this something they do in your service? Do you do it? If so, what shoe have you opted for?

Choice here Carl, magnum boots, safety shoes (various styles available )or loakes leather sole ones, but we have a choice of military style working rig or smarter trousers and white shirts.

Were not allowed to wear non issue shoes.

Jesus.

A thread about fashion tips for officers footwear?? What next? ;). I thought I had walked into the ladies rest room by mistake 😜

I will slowly edge out and hope you haven't seen me 😎

• Haha 2

Standards @Messyshaw, if we don't keep them up, no one will. No one bulls their shoes anymore. I still do and will do to the end. 

Ive seen how smart you dress when having a pint so I suspect you were keen to keep them when you wore clogs ;)

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Carl said:

Standards @Messyshaw, if we don't keep them up, no one will. No one bulls their shoes anymore. I still do and will do to the end. 

Ive seen how smart you dress when having a pint so I suspect you were keen to keep them when you wore clogs ;)

find a lot of the safety wear stuff does not take polish well at all

@Carl. An Officer polishing his/her own shoes??? Surely that's what the sprog is for?

You will be telling me you warm up your own bed next?!! 😉

5 hours ago, Carl said:

We lost beds back in 2005. I think there's a topic somewhere ;)

Who mentioned being at work?😉🤔😍

• Haha 2