LFB New BA Comms

Ive heard all sorts of rumours so don't quote me on this, but I've heard it mentioned a few times about retrofitting the current sets with a different comms package in the interim until a new full set is decided upon.

This was a topic on station a few months back and we were unsure about it would be a full replacement, sets and ECB, or whether it would be just new sets - which would mean we would only be getting new Drager sets for compatibility with the ECB.

• Like 1

Loads going on at PEG, new BA set project is about to begin, but that will take an extremely long time.

Also, it is likely that we will get an interim retrofit of comms for the moment. The plan going forward, was to have one radio that is for BA and for fireground, but that may not be achievable. But the radio project has been going for a while and a few types have been tested up at Moreton, so we’ll have to see what they go with.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Further to the above.... statement released by LFB today that we will be getting new sets (target date 2021), retractable personal lines by September and trialling interim comms for BA soon. All looking good

All looks good now but I bet the new comms sets will still be pony. Also I heard another service stopped using the exact personal lines we are getting as they kept breaking. 

• Like 1