Operational Aviation Firefighter Apprenticeship

JD152710

Serco run the Teeside school for the CAA, however not sure if you can get your "ticket" with other providers such as Newcastle airport, some airports will expect a return of service clause if they pay up for your  training, Google international fire training centre.

@JD152710 I did the 6 week course as it was then back in 2007 at the International Fire Training Centre ran by Serco at Teesside Airport as @Br9mp81 says. A lot of airports still use IFTC to my knowledge although it maybe a 5 week course now possibly (couldn’t say for sure). The best thing to do would be give them a call for more details/cost although it would be good idea to get an airport to pay for the training e.g get a firefighter job with an airport and most put you through and pay for the training. PM me if there is anything else you want to know.  

Are you on an apprenticeship scheme now? They are few and far between but I have heard of some airports doing it.

I was lucky enough to have done a bridging course through a previous job at Teeside, the training there is very good and where most airport RFFS go. An initial course is six weeks and there is a lot of classroom based input and theres a huge amount of general "plane based" knowledge you have to absorb besides firefighting. But you'll be doing lots of BA wears, be smelling of foam put it that way