Ranks

Macky

Can you jump ranks/ roles in the fire service or you need to progress to your next rank / role progressively for example can you jump from crew manager to station manager 

Macky  

Operationally, in our service you can only go to the next rank. The only exception has been training school where FF's were going from FF > WM.

Some have jumped ranks for non operational roles though which where temporary and not allowed to take the rank back with them.

Is there any written guidance which could explain the ranks progression as I cannot find anything, Ive  looked in the Grey Book but there is nothing there. please note that I am not a firefighter from UK but require this info.

On 28/03/2019 at 20:47, HB2016 said:

In what respect? The roles are pretty self explanatory FF > CM > WM > SM > GM > AM > BM unless I am not understanding you correctly.

Basically the information I am looking for is, if it is normal practice in the UK to allow officers  lets say a CM being able to be promoted to SM without having gone through WM or lets say an SM being promoted to AM without having gone through GM.   

• 5 months later...