I Can't Believe I'm Writing This - LFB 2019

Neil.Granger

Well done mate. I’m 7 weeks in and absolutely love it! If you get a good group then itll be the best 11 weeks of your life.

One tip, make sure your group has high standards. On our first week at Harrow, we were sharing with a group of lads on week 11 and they really showed us the ropes in terms of standards, attitudes and work ethic. We took this on board, and it really is showing according to our trainers. We’ve seen courses who laughed at us when they failed one of their exams and their knots assessment, didn’t iron their uniform or polish their boots. They’ve also had some terrible relationships with each other, and some them were arguing with trainers.

We will be passing out 10 days before you start at Harrow so we won’t cross paths, but just make sure everyone gives 100% and you’ll definitely be rewarded for it.

Thanks @LumieWell done for keeping high standards. Really praying for a good group who all have a similar mindset and want to work hard and do a decent job. Glad you are enjoying it. I'm sure you will smash the last few weeks. Thoughts of passing must be a very proud moment. Keep up the good work and hopefully see you around in the years to come 👌👨‍🚒 

Thanks everyone else for your congrats and encouragement. @Luminoki thankfully I have my welcome day in Feb and a whole load of pre learning coming my way to keep me busy before March 😉😂

Neil, believe me when I say that a squad/group of trainees who all share the common goal will make for a far easier and happier path to pass out.  If you all begin day 1 of training school with high standards then you’ll all benefit,  If there are one or two who fancy themselves as the next Mickey Flanagan then your journey could be a tad rocky.  It takes one clown to ruin it for the rest.

The trainers are there to help you all pass out but trust me, if you have the odd idiot in the squad then it can and does disrupt the dynamic.  I know, I was in that squad.

Instigate those high standards from the get go and you’ll all have an easier and more enjoyable course.

Keep your head down and be the grey man👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Congratulations pal!

Like carefree said, keep the standards up and the team will gel well. I pass out next Friday and having a positive attitude and mindset goes miles. On top of that have high personal standards. Don't go with the flow if you think you can do better personally. Easiest example is I still bull my shoes after 5 years in the army!!!

• Like 1

Congratulations neil, ive followed your process as I was in an similar time period. You have worked really hard and not once gave up on your dream.

Congratulations again and I wish you all the best in your new career.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Congrats Neil.

Good things come to those who wait and are willing to put the work in. Your course starts a month after mine, might see you at one of the training sites. 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Top tip for your pre learning, make flash cards, in the summatives and formatives they love anything that’s a definition and anything that’s a specific number e.g a long line is 31 metres 

you’ll be fine, we all passed it and IEC is the same, flash cards and Q and A each other on stuff whenever you get a chance 

• Thanks 1

Ah mate the 1st week was amazing it hasn’t properly set in yet that we’re trainee fire firefighters. We’re working our way through iec. As Charlie flash cards, flash cards, flash cards. They love definitions. Make sure you know the points in the key summary at the end of each module. 

Practice your knots with as thick gloves as possible too 👍

@Lumie have you had your pass out yet? 

• Thanks 1
  • 2 months later...