Police Recruitment Video

Durham Police

Saw this recently, i thought it was alot more honest than i expected the job to be, especially compared to these:

Leics Fire

H&W Fire

Does anyone think the modern day fire service should adopt something similar? Particularly for retained recruitment which the NFCC are majorly pushing? After 7 years working for the fire service, nearly 4 of them operational, ive encountered pretty much all of the Leics/H&W videos but as we know, its the tip of the iceberg for the role. Any thoughts?

• Like 2

The Durham video is fantastic and head and shoulders above the 2 fire service ones.  I agree mate... we should make videos like Durham police... hats off to them. 

Great video by Durham police. I’d like to know what that bloke thought he was going to gain by jumping out that window in his kegs mind. 

Jokes aside @Luminoki I think you’re right and especially for on call roles when you might be just about to tuck into your fillet steak on a Saturday evening when your pager goes off. 

42 minutes ago, Jamiejet said:

We could make a video like Durham police, but then you run the risk of attracting the right type of people.

Hmm. Bodycams showing a ff doing the scrub out, carrying out the monthly check on the PPV fan and arguing around the mess table whose cooking what on nights?

I really like the Durham one, very good comms piece. 

Its about striking that balance between appreciating the risks and action when it happens and the other side. I think LFB did quite a leap forward with their recent campaign centred around a ‘fire protector’, ‘fire educator’, ‘fire reassurer’ Etc. But this raw, personal account of Durham works great.