Babcock Online Pre-learning

J.Whybrow

Ive taken my first 3 exams and they are not too bad but its very misleading as to when is an multiple question and when is not. Had huge issues with cyber security as to why its so important. Its taken me 8 attempts as one of the answers is not even in the paragraph where you revise and multiple question.

Has anyone else has issues as to when or when not there is multiple answers ( sometimes all 4 ) usually you would 4 answers, 3 answers and all of the above would be the 4th.

Babcock Big Learning, in and of itself, is a shambles mate. 

Wait until you’re in Plaistow trying to revise pumps and ladders and nothing loads, it’s great fun😒😒

The tests on the modules mean nothing. They are to help check understanding and on the whole don't work. There are pdf versions available also. Do both as there is info missing from each one.

The testing is in your formative and summative tests. I stopped doing the testing and interactive modules about week 3 as did most of the course as they kept breaking

• Thanks 1

I load the pdf and quiz on separate browsers and if I struggle on a certain question i’ll refer to the pdf. It doesn’t like being logged in twice and will kick you out once you’re done, but I find it helpful 

• Thanks 1

Ive already done my level 2 maths and english twice , does this expempt you like the interview stage during the apprenticeship Babcock learning ?

I don’t think so. My course starts on 18th Feb so I don’t know for sure😁 maybe someone here who’s further in the course will no. 

I’m sure they’re  just assessments for Babcock to see what type of Learner you are and to provide support during the course.

• Thanks 1

I'm just finishing up at park royal with 2 weeks left. We've done no other apprenticeship assessments other than 2 little chats about how the course is going. Don't stress about it at all. It's the same course as before

• Thanks 1

Not too taxing as long as you do the relevant studying. Pin your ears back and focus. You need to commit completely to the course to get the best from it or you can get left behind knowledge wise. It's great fun too!

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Another quick question. I am not asking for any of the questions or answers. I want to know how much of the 18 modules are involved in the 25 question summertime exam, it seems like alot of information to take in for 25 questions.

How do you advise , I revise for this exam?

On each module there is 8 key points to remember minimum, 

I know this is a difficult question to answer,

just learn it all, it’s all relevant to the course otherwise you wouldn’t be doing it. The tests are by no means hard if you read the learning. I just spent 3 hours a day in the library going through 2 topics a day and then revising it all with Flashcards for the last week. 

I’d say for most 3 hours a day isn’t really realistic. Learn the lists and definitions from each module. Write them down in a notepad and refer back to it. 

The bits of information likely to come up on tests are fairly obvious, I found a lot of the information that is provided by Babcock is filler and could be massively condensed down.

• Thanks 2