Bonfire Night

Jet

Surprised we haven’t got the usual running tally of bonfire night jobs on here. Or is that because everyone is now FDS/retired?? ?

I’m on a paltry three tonight, but I am on the first pump (PL). 

I was on a day today and we got a relief at the 20 pump fire at Imperial Cars in Chadwell Heath.  On our way back to station at around 18:15 the radio traffic was going crazy with all sorts of bonfire night shenanigans going on, but from then until change of watch at 20:00 we didn’t pick up a thing.

I’ll be amazed if our white watch don’t pick something up tonight though.  I’ll find out in the morning.

I was on duty Saturday night as well. Fully expecting that to be the busier one but not much at all in my area. I’m in East Manchester tonight though ???

I'd say Humberside had an average bonfire night, maybe busier than previous ones have been that have been on weekdays.

No change to the normal pattern for a bonfire night, estates in Hull saw the brunt of it, nothing out the ordinary else where even over the weekend.  I went out to shops other side of town and where there used to be mass bonfires and rubbish fires all over the place there was nothing just fireworks.  Jobs for the 5th November based on previous years 5th November were slightly up but lot more special service stuff bumping them up now.

Did fear for the house at one point, sounded like some like of mortar shell been set off!

On 05/11/2018 at 22:06, Jamiejet said:

Surprised we haven’t got the usual running tally of bonfire night jobs on here. Or is that because everyone is now FDS/retired??

Yup, for the first time since God was a boy I didn't have to think about it. No idea how LFB fared. ?

No spike in incidents for us (Surrey) lots of well organised events, that don't require our attendance anymore.All the yutes must have been inside playing fortnight! ( a popular video game - for those members of a more aged disposition;-))

No massive spike in incidents in West Mids. My crew spent friday and saturday night on standby in Birmingham after MP8s kicked off on both nights. That said we did get called to a “building fire” which turned out to be the council organised bonfire, something we could see turning out of our station

On 11/11/2018 at 10:12, Luminoki said:

No massive spike in incidents in West Mids. My crew spent friday and saturday night on standby in Birmingham after MP8s kicked off on both nights. That said we did get called to a “building fire” which turned out to be the council organised bonfire, something we could see turning out of our station

Do you mean 8pf's. ??

I know I've bored everyone to tears with this one before....  the message sent is "Make pumps eight" But the incident becomes an eight pump fire. I know I'm a pedant and arguably I should have better things to do with my time now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

If you want to get into specifics @Steve we’re both wrong as the make up message said “make PRLs 6” And jobs like that might have BRVs sent to them if the message isnt specific for pump rescue ladders. So technically it should be “make assets 8” ?

• Like 1
On 13/11/2018 at 03:51, Luminoki said:

If you want to get into specifics @Steve we’re both wrong as the make up message said “make PRLs 6” And jobs like that might have BRVs sent to them if the message isnt specific for pump rescue ladders. So technically it should be “make assets 8” ?

Techically I cant be wrong, as I wasn't aware of the asset descriptions in your Brigade, so based on what you said was a mp8 my designation of it as an 8pf still stands. That said....

I've just checkd my 'give a f**k' pocket.... its empty, so my contribution is exhausted.

• Haha 7
On 12/11/2018 at 20:59, Steve said:

Do you mean 8pf's. ??

I know I've bored everyone to tears with this one before....  the message sent is "Make pumps eight" But the incident becomes an eight pump fire. I know I'm a pedant and arguably I should have better things to do with my time now.

Retired grumpy git!😘

• Like 1