LFB CM Round 2018

BurtMacklin

If anyone has been through the process before can they outline their experience? I know this time they’ve added a practical element in the form of ladder drills as the first sift. Thanks 

• 5 months later...

Just had four of my watch go through it, to the practical levels at least...as far as we can tell the practicals is pretty much of a clone to what it was fifteen years ago when we stopped doing them... Has been straight from the standard drills, straight 135 pitch mostly. The knowledge is the standard computerised multi guess on the given bibliography, last phase is the ops scenarios, report writing & situational role play. Reason we've only just replied is that we had absolutely no info on the ladder drills prior to the drills, the older ones amongst us had to dredge out the old brief spiel and hope that was what they wanted....

Think the CM process changed for every round whilst I was there. Talk about keeping potential officers on their toes.

For what it’s worth I think the process up here seems a lot more rigid and long-term as opposed to a ‘we’ll see on the day’ approach. Pain in the arse for people like me that are looking to get promoted but I’ll be glad for completing it if I manage to!

21 hours ago, Keith said:

Imagine asking a CM to have to take drills, whatever next, may be a lecture?;)

Fair one Keith and agree, prob is they've not assessed drill taking as part of the promotions for fifteen years, and then they didn't let us know any criteria for it....

I went to Hammersmith on the 17th of Jan for my roleplay/group exercise etc for the role of a firefighter. Whilst I was there, a few uniformed fire fighters arrived for this crew manager positions. I asked one of them what they do and it sounded like pretty much what we had to do? I.e roleplays, interviews and some online tests. 

The fire fighter also said 300 people have applied for the crew manager position throughout the LFB 

Just my two pence worth 😂

Apparently a shocking number of candidates were seen off at the ladder drill stage. something like 60 candidates made it through to the interviews. This is all rumours of course but I do know for a fact they’ve been offering successful people SUMAC courses before others have completed the process. 

On 31/01/2019 at 19:45, Cashybai said:

Fair one Keith and agree, prob is they've not assessed drill taking as part of the promotions for fifteen years, and then they didn't let us know any criteria for it....

What’s the ‘thought’ process for not giving out criteria? When Scotland went through the CM process last summer the criteria was in black & white on the application info. One drill would be completed on the day from a choice of six on the list, and one incident would be assessed l, again from a list of six possible. Plus the usual psychometrics and interview etc.