Tunic Pockets

Whistle, lift door key that operates most fireman switches I’ve ever come across, spare pen, handful of cas Gloves and of course, a teaspoon ?

Whistle, resqme tool, mechanical chinagraph, bridge door key, pens, mints, two wedges, lift door key ( like noddys ) tri-spanner, 10 mil spanner, flashhood and personal line

Not even going to start on my grab bag ?

Along with the standard flashhood, whistle and personal line, I carry a number of pairs of casualty care gloves, reusable ear plugs, chinagraph pencils, window punch, sailing serrated rescue knife, res-q-me tool , aid memoir, cycling beanie hat (its been in there since the cold weather), Wera joker spanner (13mm one end and 10mm the other) and a couple sheets of Biltex paper towels. Helps clean BA mask when wearing etc.  

• Like 1

I’ve got way too much stuff, highlights are a hose o ring, cable ties and a folded up wire coat hanger with a magnet taped on the end. 

On 30/07/2018 at 09:42, Mitch said:

Along with the standard flashhood, whistle and personal line, I carry a number of pairs of casualty care gloves, reusable ear plugs, chinagraph pencils, window punch, sailing serrated rescue knife, res-q-me tool , aid memoir, cycling beanie hat (its been in there since the cold weather), Wera joker spanner (13mm one end and 10mm the other) and a couple sheets of Biltex paper towels. Helps clean BA mask when wearing etc.  

Flip me that's not a pocket, that's batmans belt

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A square of plastic from a plastic bottle for door entry, latex gloves, lift key, spanner, aide memoirs, whistle, Chinagraph, resus pack and ear defenders.  

I wont go into what’s in the rest of my pockets.

• 1 year later...

latex gloves, dust mask, personal line, chinagraph, pen, 10mm spanner, centre punch, small knife,  VapoRub some of you might know why...

where did everyone get their lift door keys to operate fireman switches? TIA

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Flip said:

VapoRub some of you might know why...

where did everyone get their lift door keys to operate fireman switches? TIA

I need to know why now 😂

Lift drop key just off eBay, they’re around £10-£12 

1 hour ago, CharlieT said:

I need to know why now 😂

Lift drop key just off eBay, they’re around £10-£12 

Just now, Noddy said:

I genuinely don’t know what vapo rub would be for? 

Smelly jobs or dealing with deceased who may have been there a while. Used it a fair few times.

• Like 1

That is a novel one on me. How is it applied? Are you walking around with a shiny top lip?

I've got a Gerber knife with a glass punch which works very well, though we mostly use Packexe for glass management and leave much of it in situ so not used it for a while. 

I also carry a 901 key for alarms. We have A policy of not resetting alarms but useful for silencing if there isn't one in the panel.

• 1 year later...

I’ve got a leatherman wingman that I’ve used a surprising amount of times, albeit mostly on sandbags

I picked it up for £40, make sure you take it out between shifts though those kind of things tend to walkies if left in pockets   

• Like 1

Not much in mine, got a personal line, china graph, pen, ear plugs, hazmat card. Found the end of a packet of biscuits last time it went off to be washed 🤪 

Wouldn't mind a knife. Not thought about getting a personal lift key.

FAT max Stanley knife is the best knife I’ve used.  It’s sharp as heck, blades replace easy, it’s yellow and best of all, it’s not the high cost of a leatherman or Gerber so cheaply replaced. 

• Like 1