Busiest / Quietest

Luminoki

1 hour ago, Vema11 said:

It’s hard to know cause nationally it was never charted up. in my service people say Thompson street (central) was the Busiest running over 8,500 shouts a year in the 90s. Along with others around it doing similar. But who really knows🤷🏼‍♂️

I was always told Gorton was the busiest in the heyday. No other in GMC touched it - 3rd busiest in Europe at one point were the claims - however I think that was a over egging it slightly 

@Messyshaw very true. I can’t speak for the Eastern Command, but out west there’s a few proper ‘working stations’ that have a good amount of fires and much fewer AFAs. I’m thinking Southall, Heston, Wembley.

Eastern’s busiest starts with Shoreditch I believe. 4500 calls last year roughly I think, all from 1 ladder. Busiest for jobs is easily Stoke Newington - Hackney borough as a whole is a seriously good ground for fires. Ilford isn’t quite as busy, but still a lot of jobs.

So I just checked the figures for the last 12 months. The three busiest stations in London are:

• soho - 4577
  • paddington - 3408
  • lambeth - 2922
  • shoreditch had 2108

For those not aware, Shoreditch is a 1 appliance, the others are not.

Last time I checked actual appliance movements, Soho’s Pump was 1st, followed by Euston and Shoreditch’s ladders in 2nd and 3rd respectively.

• Like 1
  • Kudos 1

Busiest I’ve ever been was around 20 years ago when I was at Foleshill (Coventry).  We were doing 3500-4000 calls in what was a poor suburb.  Lots and lots of fires! It was great 👍 think it does around 1000 now 

I’d be interested to see the figures for LFB at the end of the year; the virus seems to have sent everything on it’s head, with Soho even getting nights in bed.

@Brandman a lot more ‘jobs’ though! I think I read/heard somewhere LFB primary fires are up 25% this year so far compared to previous years. I’ve had more 4+ pf’s in the last 5 weeks than the 1.5 years I’ve been in the job.

As a flexi, ive been busier in the last 3 months than previous, taking into account I dont do afas etc. Bigger wildfires, dry weather. Fires in buildings (human behaviour generally) and serious RTCs. A few more large animal rescues (horses generally)

On 06/06/2020 at 00:48, CaptainFlack said:

I was always told Gorton was the busiest in the heyday. No other in GMC touched it - 3rd busiest in Europe at one point were the claims - however I think that was a over egging it slightly 

West Mids has a similar one, Tipton was reputed to be the car fire capital of Europe once upon a time. Now it does around 500 shouts a year

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Luminoki said:

West Mids has a similar one, Tipton was reputed to be the car fire capital of Europe once upon a time. Now it does around 500 shouts a year

Nope B2 Sheldon always topped the car fire league tables mate D7 Tipton was second 😉

• 8 months later...

Does anyone have information on the busiest-quietest stations in terms of callouts in Scottish FRS? Can’t seem to find that info anywhere. 
thanks in advance 

Hi ConorM95,

Unfortunately the Scottish FRS do not publish or make available station call figures.

In terms of busiest, I believe Tollcross (Edinburgh) and Cowcaddens (Glasgow) are always the top two.

With regards to quietest, I'm not sure, but there will probably be RDS and Volunteer stations particularly in the Highlands and rural/islands of the West that are in the low numbers.

Regards

Ben

This is pre-Covid so worth keeping in mind that the call rate for some of the busy city stations has been cut significantly due to one pump to AFA’s and the removal of Aerials from PDA’s where as some of the outlying stations are now busier.

This only applies to the west.

1. Cowcaddens 3602
  2. Calton 2868
  3. Maryhill 2568 
  4. Polmadie 2539
  5. Springburn 1950
  6. Paisley 1778
  • 1 year later...

Been reading over this thread recently and thought I’d try kick-starting it again.

With the strong cohorts on here from LFB, GMFRS, WMFS, etc we’ve seen what the numbers are like in the big mets, but I thought some of you city slickers might be interested to see what things are like for your country cousins. In this case, Northumberland FRS, one of, if not the smallest wholetime brigades in the country (I’m happy to be corrected on that btw), so prepare to be bowled over troops!

As our stats go, they’re not arranged in any fancy ways, just logged as the total turnouts for each station and broken down by (Fires/False Alarms/SSC’s). As I’ve said, we’re a very small brigade so i’ll include all 16 of our stations’ figures from last year (up to Feb 2022):

• West Hartford (WT) - 999 (465/370/164)
  • Pegswood (WT/RDS) - 720 (313/262/145)
  • Hexham (Day-Staffed/RDS) - 250 (51/122/77)
  • Berwick (Day-Staffed/RDS) - 200 (52/70/78)
  • Alnwick (2-pump RDS) - 184 (77/50/57)
  • Prudhoe (RDS) -150 (68/46/36)
  • Amble (RDS) - 100 (37/37/26)
  • Rothbury (RDS) - 61 (22/23/16)
  • Ponteland (RDS) - 57 (23/22/12)
  • Haltwhistle (RDS) - 51 (11/23/17)
  • Wooler (RDS) - 42 (15/12/15)
  • Bellingham (RDS) - 41 (15/14/12)
  • Seahouses (RDS) - 30 (11/12/7)
  • Belford (RDS) - 15 (1/3/11)
  • Allendale (RDS) - 13 (6/3/4)

Holy Island (No figures, station unmanned, appliance is crewed by crews from Berwick if causeway is impassible due to high-tide)

So there you go folks, life at the sharp end! 😂 Those of you in the big mets, please be gentle with your bullying or we won’t come and show you how a Pulaski works next time you have a wildfire you don’t know what to do with. 😉

• Like 4
  • 1 year later...

Updating this thread purely because it came up at work so we compiled the data.

Based purely off appliance movements these are the 10 busiest stations in WMFS:

• Ward End - 1795
  • Ladywood - 1675
  • Fallings Park - 1648
  • Foleshill - 1634
  • Aston - 1612
  • Wolverhampton - 1493
  • West Bromwich - 1473
  • Hay Mills - 1380
  • Perry Barr - 1352
  • Highgate - 1332

The quietest were:

• Bickenhill (Tech Rescue) - 178
  • Sutton Coldfield (Tech Rescue) - 223
  • Tettenhall (Lates Only) - 288

Busiest appliance was Fallings Park's BRV at 1112 mobilisations

Some have dropped a lot since Luminoki's first post and some have jumped up dramatically with West Brom now 7th and Aston going up by nearly 400 shouts

• Like 1

I’d bet thats mobilisations, apart from Highate all of those stations have BRVs and they can get stupidly busy

There seems to be something in the water in West Mids right now, its not “busiest stations” but rather busiest watch colours; its white and blue that are picking up decent jobs

I believe (I'll check tomorrow) that includes standbys.

Some stations are about to get busier with hotter weather and Highgate, Walsall and Coventry going to risk based crewing and our mobilisations being based on staffing numbers not appliance numbers