Busiest / Quietest

Luminoki

Just had a look through, the last 10 days (13th to 23rd June) have looked like this; 1 x 20pf, 1 x 15pf, 1 x 10pf, 3 x 8pf, 9 x 6pf, 7 x 4pf. Proves one thing, the number of jobs that would have been 4 pumpers going to 6's due to the new BA procedures have increased as expected. Among those I attended the 20, 15 one of the 8's and 3 of the 6's. Two of them IMO would have been 4's previously.

• Like 2

This time next month I wont be tipping out to anything ever again, but I have the memories of a very busy career with the last two years being as busy as the first.

• Like 4
  • Kudos 2

Its still lively here... Today (including one that started at 23:30 last night) we've had 1x10pf, 1x8pf, 2x6pf and 3x 4pf The 10 and one of the 6's were haulage yard type fires, so arguably heat related, but the rest have been building fires. I'm gonna miss this sh1t.

• Like 2

There is no way... I'd rather be stuck on the rank at Kings Cross waiting 40 minutes for a job to The Angel. Babcock and I have a mutual dislike of each other. I am proud to say I think I'm the first officer since 2012 not to get an approach from them when my papers went in.

Meanwhile.

Stop CU3 GM DUDENEY STOP A RESIDENTIAL BLOCK OF FLATS OF 22 FLOORS 31M X 20M 3 ROOMED FLAT ON 12TH FLOOR 75 PERCENT DXF 10 PERCENT OF BALCONY ON 13TH FLOOR DXF EXTERNAL FIRE SPREAD TO FACIA OF BUILDING ON 14TH FLOOR COVERING AN AREA OF 10 SQUARE METERS TL MONITOR 3 JETS BA TIC HIGH RISE PROCEDURE IMPLEMENTED 2 ADULTS LEAD TO SAFETY FROM 9TH FLOOR BY LFB CREWS ASSESSED BY LAS AND RELEASED A FURTHER 44 PEOPLE LEFT BUILDING BEFORE ARRIVAL OF BRIGADE AND IN LOCAL COMMUNITY CENTRE TMO (8pf high rise)

This is now in its 3rd week, I've lost count of the number of jobs I've been on let alone how may LFB have had. This came in at 12:28, I'd already been out once as an ILO and was paged for a 4pf in Walthamstow that I was monitoring when this started. I think it is now our most prolonged busy spell for fires since 1995. It is not only crazy for calls but actual serious jobs. Another 8 and 10 yesterday. We've had more 10pf's that 4pf's in the last week I think.

I'm not complaining and people are coming up to me and remarking on the amazing spell I am having in my last few weeks.

With regards to my future, I set up my own company this week and will be working for myself as a fire and resilience consultant.

LFB1.jpeg

LFB2.png

LFB3.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I rather thought you might prefer the cab than Babcocks. I would rather dig my eyes out with a rusty nail than work for them, so I understand where you are coming from. Good luck with your business plan mate. Perhaps I will have a chat with you I the future (when you stop chasing these never ending fires) to discuss your services?

That sounds like quite a job mate - and a what a day to be running about!  Look after yourself old un, the winning post is in sight!!! ?

• Like 1
On 29/06/2018 at 17:22, Steve said:

There is no way... I'd rather be stuck on the rank at Kings Cross waiting 40 minutes for a job to The Angel. Babcock and I have a mutual dislike of each other. I am proud to say I think I'm the first officer since 2012 not to get an approach from them when my papers went in.

Jeez Steve!

I was only kidding mate! ?

• Haha 1

We've have gone crazy since the end of the match. Three make ups going on (one a 10 with legs to go higher), a bit of trouble in Central London with crowds and our mobilising desktop system has crashed so Officers are blind as to what is going on, but it sounds like almost everyone is out. BTW, the high rise block above.... ^^^ Just had its third job since last week (small fire on 20th floor, but crews were shot at with air rifle. ??

• Sad 1
  • 1 month later...

Some of those wholetime stations also have Retained Support. They are Gt Yarmouth, Gorleston, North Earlham and Kings Lynn North.

Dereham is Day crew who man both USAR and a Pump at the station with  Retained and an additional USAR Retained personnel, Thetford is Day Crew with Retained Support they a HVP station.

• 2 months later...

Usually under the Freedom Of Information act section of their website, there should be an archive, if not you can make your own request. Im guessing youre on about Lancs, there is a request on their site. In short the busy ones well over 1000 are Preston, Blackpool and Blackburn

• Thanks 1
  • 1 year later...
5 hours ago, Rory-495 said:

I think the busiest always goes to Soho A24 in LFB. Purely on AFA alone! Some people love it some hate it

Soho is an excellent station and always will be. I was at a meeting there recently for about 90 minutes and they had four shouts, but as Rory said, many are repetitive AFAs. A least they get fires at Soho. If you want a proper AFA station, LFB's Heathrow gets that accolade. Not only do you tear-arse around doing nothing, as the CAA crews often get there first, you don't even get of the pump. Talk about demoralising 

I have always preferred stations that are less glamorous area (AKA sh*t holes) , that may not achieve anywhere near 8,000 shouts, but record a very high proportion of primary fires