Nicknames on Station

I turned up to my first unit (Army) and one of the corporals misheard my first name (Stuart)

I was being summoned from one end of the corridor, “Steve, steve, steeeve!!!??”

It took me a while to realise he was maybe calling me???! So I said “who, me? My names Stuart” his response was something (less polite) along the lines of “oh well, come here steve” and that was it for the next few years.... 

It didn’t take me long to stop fighting it. I had officially lost control of my own name. I’d introduce myself to new lads as steve, most never knew it wasn’t my real name! 

I still have my ironing board with Steve written all over it...

One lad who’s surname was Bird, was affectionally called Thrush, a simple play on ornithology you might think? Nope it was because he was an irritating c#*t xD 

I got off easy with my nickname.

Stu (Ste, Steve, Stephen...)

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Firestorm said:

I recently christened a regular stand by to my watch "cloud".

Because eventually he fecks off and it turns into a lovely day.

Not from G24 per chance? 

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Firestorm said:

I recently christened a regular stand by to my watch "cloud".

Because eventually he fecks off and it turns into a lovely day.

Classic ?

Two spring to mind. 

Brass Band the name of a subofficer when i asked why was told "Don't you know He's always blowing his own trumpet ".

Second. Another subofficer. Called "JESUS" it took ages for his watch to finally tell me he is called JESUS cause the bloke could walk on water. Reference to his charmed life on the foreground.

• Haha 1

Mork, (as in mork and minney) as he was not on the same planet as the rest of the station.

Tug, having been caught reading a fire engine spotters mag in his pit one night

• Haha 1
  • 2 years later...

My current watch christened me Will. As in The Inbetweeners. This was due to my glasses and the fact my personality resembles him when i get wound up; one said he could see me having a rant like when they go to Thorpe Park. ( which my missus agreed to so cant really argue that one )

• Haha 1

There were 2 Lynch's once I started. One was called gavin and I was the new one. Henceforth called Stacey!

Also called Nory (NorthernRory) as I lived above Watford!

Had a lad in the army called Text; he had small man syndrome... SMS = Text. He never worked it out

• Haha 1
On 04/04/2018 at 20:57, StuartA said:

I turned up to my first unit (Army) and one of the corporals misheard my first name (Stuart)

I was being summoned from one end of the corridor, “Steve, steve, steeeve!!!??”

It took me a while to realise he was maybe calling me???! So I said “who, me? My names Stuart” his response was something (less polite) along the lines of “oh well, come here steve” and that was it for the next few years.... 

It didn’t take me long to stop fighting it. I had officially lost control of my own name. I’d introduce myself to new lads as steve, most never knew it wasn’t my real name! 

I still have my ironing board with Steve written all over it...

One lad who’s surname was Bird, was affectionally called Thrush, a simple play on ornithology you might think? Nope it was because he was an irritating c#*t xD 

I got off easy with my nickname.

Stu (Ste, Steve, Stephen...)

There was a guy called Albert on my first station though his name was Allan. Apparently when he got to the watch years earlier there was already 2 guys called Allan so the guv christened him with his new monica and it stuck.