LFB Documentary

@Carl can you give some comparison to usual activity against 22.03 ? I'd be interested  (zips anorak up )?

I bet the LFB site took a spike in and around that time.

Here is an example of the hits to the site for the last month showing Thursdays and Fridays. Bear in mind these are site hits which include the forum as its part of the site

• Thursday 6th July - 13,492
  • Friday 7th July - 11,350
  • Thursday 13th July - 13,971
  • Friday 14th July - 11,990
  • Thursday - 20th July - 13,303
  • Friday 21st July - 11,466
  • Thursday 27th July - 22,443
  • Friday 28th July - 16,300
  • Like 3

The spike on Thursday 27th is too large for it to be a coincidence.

Ill be interested to see what the visitor numbers to this site are after the next episode.

The first website I came across whilst searching for fire service recruitment in May was this site. 

Google likes this site/forum. 

Nope Flack, Battersea, Heston, Croydon, East Ham & Edmonton are the USAR FRU stations, the rest of us are 5 Hazmat (Hazmat, decon, water, large animal rescue namely Euston, Bethnal Green, Bexley, Lewisham & Wembley) and 4 Skills (Line ops- Paddington, Islington, Wimbledon & Chelsea)

Originally there was USAR crews dotted everywhere, streamlined it down a while back. USAR also do Line and water.

The "skills" fire rescue units need looking at in my opinion, we don't even get the full line rescue training package despite it being our only attribute. 

That'll probably be a good one for its own thread, see who has what up and down the country?

Edited by Carl
Thread has been split - see Large Animal Rescue Thread

Is it normal practice for a Borough CMdr / GM to turn out to (what looked on tv to be a) fairly basic RTC? Or was this the tv crews pushing you to take them to jobs?

GM's were chaperoning camera crews to incidents that looked like they were worth attending in order to provide a mix of footage. So the answer to your first question is no and to the second, kind of but more up to the GM.

2 hours ago, Cardiff_Fire said:

Is it normal practice for a Borough CMdr / GM to turn out to (what looked on tv to be a) fairly basic RTC? Or was this the tv crews pushing you to take them to jobs?

They had a lot of fire footage... as you'd expect in the inner city areas of London, but little RTC footage. They were with me on that shift, we actually had another RTC earlier in the day with a pregant woman which didnt make the final cut, but when this one came in, just a few miles North of my office along the A10, called by Police so likely to be genuine, they wanted to attend, so I took them.

Generally as a GM I'll be informed of a Person trapped RTC when an SM attends, but wouldn't go in it unless I had real concerns. Sice becoming a GM in 2010, apart from the two I attended that day with the film crew, I have only felt the need to attend one other RTC and that was as a result of a Police chase and likely IPCC investigation, so I thought I'd turn up to ensure we were able to do our job without the Police running interference as their own were involved.

• Thanks 1

It was an interesting episode and off the back of the series that was on LAS and how they are stretched, the long wait shown helped hammer in how the LAS was stretched and the lack of options you guys on the ground have without their attendance.

6 hours ago, Bubbles said:

Out of curiosity Steve, roughly was the 2 property fires you attended  that featured on last nights episode?

I don't understand the question?

22 hours ago, Carefree said:

I noticed a few familiar faces tonight, and one CM who's actual name the programme makers got completely wrong?

Anyone from the forum Carefree?

3 hours ago, JelHead said:

Wife had an interesting question, do you guys not have to seat belt up when driving? In multiple clips the ic and driver weren't seat belted, just wondered if you had an excemption? 

I think someone might be having a word with Edric and his driver, looked way to casual on what appeared to be on the way to a call towards the end.

3 hours ago, Keith said:

Anyone from the forum Carefree?

I'm 99.9% sure that he isn't a member of this forum Keith, but I am 100% sure it was him.  He was in my squad at training school, and his dad was a very senior officer in the job too, now retired I think.

Well, I've been watching with some interest, having transferred form LFB 17 years ago, i wanted to see what had changed.

I think, if we consider the target ordinance (not us) its been excellent so far. It shows the LFB and the wider Service in a very good and positive light.

Ive been slightly disappointed by the emphasis on one station and Watch, but i guess that was due to the lack of volunteers from other places. The CM from Battersea has been amusing me, he seems quire a character....

Good stuff, well done LFB. x