Co-Responding

Bgjm21

The announcement was only made on Monday I think, so I guess we are all awaiting the details which hopefully will appear before the end of the week? ;)

• 1 month later...

I know, and i see on social media there is a lot of extreme anger about this.....

Call me old fashioned but we are going to be doing this stuff, as discussed before, one way or another. I hope we will do it properly and professionally.

Im much much much much more pi**ed off about my pension being stolen, and having to work 8 more years. Cant we just stay angry about that please?

• Like 2

I have no issue with doing it (although in my station area we'll be tortured with all the junkies, I've had this discussion with the local paramedics) it's the fact that we got told by the union as we rejected the pay offer the trials would stop. 

As usual the union has no backbone and we continue doing EMR for 1%.

I see an awful lot of misinformed comment on this flying about on social media.  I may not like the position we are in but I will voice my opinion and argument through the correct channels having got the full picture, not go off half cock in an abusive fashion with partial information as I have seen some supposed union members doing on Twitter and alike.  You wouldn't  believe it from some tweets, but as far as I am concerned every member / every section / every brigade is equally entitled to their opinion, even if I wholeheartedly disagree with it.

• Like 2

Not difficult - Go along to meetings, read the circulars, listen to the arguments put forward by all sides, make my case and come to an opinion.  My view is no more or less valid than any other member, I have to accept my view may not win out every time in a democratic organisation and that is the point some on twitter and Facebook would do well to remember.  I have seen a number of posts / tweets out there that are nothing but abusive towards officers / RDS / other sections / other viewpoints, blaming them entirely.  If the argument these posters try to make has to resort to abuse then it must be weak indeed.

• Like 1