Grenfell Tower

Messyshaw

Hammersmith is just down the road. Well connected with lots of hotels especially up Shepherd's Bush road, can't vouch for them though so definitely read reviews! It's lively in the evening as well if you fancy a well earned beer after having to deal with whatever you're tasked with at the scene. 

• Kudos 1
3 hours ago, Steve said:

With immediate effect this afternoon, LFB have increased the PDA on high rise fires from 4 pumps to 5 pumps and an aerial..... It'll be like the old days for all those riding the aerials, which are much reduced in number from the days when they were on almost every PDA in central and innder London.

And we've already had our first with the new PDA... On my old patch F22 Poplar, although they were out on a bin fire. PL's from F33 Whitechapel, F21 Stratford, F23 Milwall, F25 Shadwell and F28 Homerton ordered along with the TL From E35 Old Kent rd.

21:21:57  SYS    
Incident turnout to F33 for F331 completed [6753]
 21:21:57  SYS    
Incident turnout to F21 for F211 completed [6755]
 21:21:58  SYS    
Incident turnout to F23 for F231 completed [6749]
Incident turnout to F25 for F251 completed [6751]
Incident turnout to F28 for F281 completed [6757]
Incident turnout to E35 for E353 completed [6759

15 minutes ago, Steve said:

And we've already had our first with the new PDA... On my old patch F22 Poplar, although they were out on a bin fire. PL's from F33 Whitechapel, F21 Stratford, F23 Milwall, F25 Shadwell and F28 Homerton ordered along with the TL From E35 Old Kent rd.

Steve is this the PDA for automatic alarms and such as well? I know alot of alarms just receive a pump now?

No, this new PDA will only be for calls to fire in high rise buildings. AFA's will be a single pump in a commercial and a pair in a residential/sleeping risk building.

• Kudos 1
On ‎22‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 23:10, Steve said:

Steve what is the reason for PL's only being sent instead of a mix of PL's and Pumps? Is it because pumps don't have a 13.5? 

No, they'll just be the closest appliances. Awful lot of single appliance stations around that area these days. Chapel, Stratford and Poplar lost their pumps in the last few years.

Yep, when I joined barely six years ago there were two appliances at Bow, Stratford, Poplar, Whitechapel, Kingsland and Shoreditch. Now I believe the only two appliance stations in what most would consider to be the east end are Homerton and Stoke Newington.

Really? wow

When i was in the eastern command (F26) back in the day, shadders and the wall were the only one pump stations, and homerton was one of the quieter less attractive stations. 

Homerton is definitely not an unattractive station now Dyson. If circumstances brought me back to LFB it would be up there on my requests, along with Stoke. Shoreditch used to be quiet relative to its surroundings (hence the nickname boreditch) but now it's anything but! Same as Dowgate, complete transformation due to all the changes. 

2 hours ago, Deek said:

Steve what is the reason for PL's only being sent instead of a mix of PL's and Pumps? Is it because pumps don't have a 13.5? 

So in that area, its mainly pump stations now since LSP5 ¬¬. F22 Poplar who's ground it is are one, they were already out, F21 Stratford, F23 Millwall F25 Shadwell & F33 Whitechapel also singles, so they are all PL's. F28 Homerton is a pair, but the Pump was also on a shout, making this by accident and not design a 5 PL attendance.

33 minutes ago, Dyson said:

really? wow

when i was in the eastern command (F26) back in the day, shadders and the wall were the only one pump stations, and homerton was one of the quieter less attractive stations. 

I'm surprised you said that.... Although Homerton have quietened down they have always been a good station for jobs. When I joined Homerton was one of the big hitters in LFB up there with Brixton, Peckham, Poplar, Bethnal Green, Stoke Newington, North Ken, Paddington etc. Since the reversal of fortunes at Shoreditch, LSP5 making it the second busiest one pump station after Euston, my three stations  together are the busiest of the 9 Boroughs in NE area. That is why Stoke & Homerton have been rare inner city stations with very settled experienced watches. 7 of the 8 watches at the two stations have a lot of very long serving Ff's on them, whch is usualy seen more out on the edges.

2 hours ago, Jamiejet said:

Homerton is definitely not an unattractive station now Dyson. If circumstances brought me back to LFB it would be up there on my requests, along with Stoke. Shoreditch used to be quiet relative to its surroundings (hence the nickname boreditch) but now it's anything but! Same as Dowgate, complete transformation due to all the changes. 

Dowgate ! that place was so quiet, for jobs i mean.

The green was the best, we thought :) 

Tottenham and stoke were very good, yeah then in the south pacha and brixton.

@Steve maybe i just didn't like the vibe ay homerton :) 

• Kudos 1
21 hours ago, Steve said:

So in that area, its mainly pump stations now since LSP5 ¬¬. F22 Poplar who's ground it is are one, they were already out, F21 Stratford, F23 Millwall F25 Shadwell & F33 Whitechapel also singles, so they are all PL's. F28 Homerton is a pair, but the Pump was also on a shout, making this by accident and not design a 5 PL attendance.

I'm surprised you said that.... Although Homerton have quietened down they have always been a good station for jobs. When I joined Homerton was one of the big hitters in LFB up there with Brixton, Peckham, Poplar, Bethnal Green, Stoke Newington, North Ken, Paddington etc. Since the reversal of fortunes at Shoreditch, LSP5 making it the second busiest one pump station after Euston, my three stations  together are the busiest of the 9 Boroughs in NE area. That is why Stoke & Homerton have been rare inner city stations with very settled experienced watches. 7 of the 8 watches at the two stations have a lot of very long serving Ff's on them, whch is usualy seen more out on the edges.

I'm fortunate enough to have been posted to Homerton when I got promoted to CM. Its a great station to be at. The physical design of the station means the watch is forced to spend most of the time together unlike bigger stations where people disappear into all four corners. Couple that with watches with a good amount of experience but also a mix of young and old and you've got a very good recipe.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice to see the proceeds of the FA Community Shield going to Grenfell fund and the LFB and other emergency services represented as part of the mark of respect.

• Like 1
On 29/06/2017 at 06:39, Dyson said:

I'd like to see that please too 

On 29/06/2017 at 05:37, Messyshaw said:

Is anybody able to replicate the stop message  for Grenfell?

As someone who is not "job", but just interested, I assumed that the "stop" message would just be confirmation of the time that the incident ended, but as people are asking to see it, I am assuming that it's a lot more?

I drove past the Tower on the way into town on Saturday and have to say I had a little quiet moment. Huge respect to you guys for the job you do.

The stop is a message that is sent when the incident is under control (but not necessarily concluded) and the incident commander has deemed that no additional resources will be required (with exception of relief appliances/personnel).