Hose Layer vs High Volume Pump

Looking at the odd expensive/industrial construction of that pier or bridge, the fact it would need to be largely unused to allow the drill to take place, the fact tha Carl wouldn't want to drive too far away from the rainy north west and the mountains in the background  I am putting my 10p on Sellafield 

What is my prize? 🙄

Close @Messyshaw but no cigar. If you follow the coast northwards you'll find it.

Another clue, although the HVP test was very successful, ultimately, one of them wouldn't have a snowballs chance in hell of putting out a fire at this location.

No, I am not playing any more as this is bullying. In any case I didn't really want to know anyway as it's a bloody stupid quiz ;)

Oh alright then, my last go..... Coulport / Faslane? 😊

• Haha 2
15 hours ago, Messyshaw said:

Coulport / Faslane? 😊

Major points lost there Messy, they definitely aren't in Norn Iron.🤣

Location is Cloughan Point Oil Terminal, close to Carrickfergus. Some background on it. The proposed plans haven't gone down well with the locals.

To get us back on topic, another quiz, how many HVP's would you need to put that out?

How annoying- I thought of Carrickfergus, but didn't think there was much of a fire loading in the castle!!!

I have flown over that 100 times on the way into city airport, but I want a recount as according to the timeline, the place isn't even open yet🤔

On 21/05/2020 at 18:40, Rory-495 said:

Well... answered my questions and then some! You may as well close this topic with your mike drop of a response!

But honestly, many thanks for a really useful reply

Kinda.....as you can still run HVP hose out of Londons HLU as it uses exactly the same pick up system, it has greater hose capacity and is much easier to use that the double hose box.

The LFB is missing a trick not to use them both in tandem.

• 6 months later...
On 21/05/2020 at 00:09, Carl said:

One final thing that people tend not to understand with HVPs is that you can supply via a pressure fed supply, basically creating a 150mm main over land and putting it where you want, but remember, the HVP will supply you with a flow of water, not pressure. This is another area that people do not understand. If you want pressure, your conventional pumps will have to impart the energy into it and thus the pressure.

I did... and tried to 🤷🏻‍♂️👉🏻🤔🙄🤯