5 Riders

TrainHardFightEasy

4 hours ago, HB2016 said:

If it was the choice of nothing or an appliance with 2 then I'd take the 2.

I'll take nothing. Send us fully crewed or don't send us at all. Be it on the heads of the people that make that decision, not us firefighters.

• Like 2
  • Kudos 1

Everyone is going to have differing opinions, naturally. I'll see what I can find out from the trial stations or maybe @Firefox1608 can shed some more light on how it works there. It may well be that they only get sent if P6 and P7 turn out together - I honestly don't know.

Do West Mids send the BRV's along to incidents like persons? or are they only for small fires? I'd be interested to know how other brigades run these kind of crewing situations.

Brvs go to these kind of jobs yes. I know of multiple instances where a BRV has beaten a truck to a job ( and one case where two brvs got to the job before a truck, often because the BRV is nippier in traffic ) In a fair few cases the crew have effected rescues from the upstairs of a property as the brv carried a folding ladder so it could be argued they do serve a purpose

But in West Mids you always get a pump within 5 minutes due to the station demographics

Humberside (24 hour shift crews) ride 5 on ladder and 4 on tender, obviously more if crewing allows.  Retained will crew with as many as they can (6).  Lincolnshire (day shift) will generally ride with 4, again unless crewing gives more and retained are generally 5 on a wagon.

Again our self rostering weirdness makes us a bit different from elsewhere but generally everywhere is rostered to four every pump. However as more new people are starting to trickle in we do find ourselves riding with 5 not uncommonly. Rumors are emerging of us running with 5 as standard to increase resilience as establishment is starting to creep up again.

I think ive only had one night shift so far with 5 on both pumps and the dorm was unusually crowded!

• Kudos 1