Smooth Bore Branches

You're over thinking, and over talking this one - and will lose the majority of FF's interest  

Go back to the original very simple question, posted by the OP

He's a firefighter, he wants to know who carries smooth bore, and why...

Fog nozzles and smoothbore nozzles both have a place on the trucks, and a practical use at fires. We need to recognise that we are, in many cases not recognising this, and need to start doing something about that, in the way of training and preparing our firefighters for operations. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Kudos 3

I guess you could say that some replies have been somewhat over-complicated 😬

@Steve makes a great point of overcoming the rate of burning. For me I never thought 'the beast' could be defeated by some piss-stream painting and I still don't.

• Haha 1
  • 4 weeks later...

But surely all fires can be controlled by fog with a bit of left, right middle? and all this via 19mm of black bendy pipe :S  No, just as long as we fight them in long, narrow steel boxes.

Droplet size? Hang time? why confuse what is probably one of thee most basic successful chemical reactions unchanged since cavemen and sabre toothed tigers?

I've been saying it for a long time, water please and lots of it.

Can you imagine the faces of the 'old guard' when 'straight throughs' now seem to be the latest clothing choice of the Emperor.

Cue The Music...

See the source image

• Haha 2