First and Last Jobs of 2017-18

Keith

Think Merseyside top it with a job to end the year on/start with.

Nothing as spectacular on the east coast, Humberside ended with a chimney fire and started with an AFA followed by fireworks on fire.

I think it was aimed at a personal level Matt rather than a FRS one.

Embarrassingly I cant today remember the last job when I finished last week, just shows my lack of interest these days :o. Not back in until nights so cant comment on the first job yet.

Interestingly enough I got a request to attend the Merseyside job last night as a Tactical Adviser for the HVPs, but at 20:00 and having been on the drink since dinner time, I was in no fit state to point my own jet, never mind advise on others :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Last job of 2017 attended was a 4 pump Squash court fire which was attached to a rather large country pile.

Was on 24's last night- notified of a couple of jobs but didn't attend either! ... so technically still waiting :D

Last of 2017 (after a busy December that saw us do almost 20% of our calls for the year) was a relief to a 6 Pump house fire in Newport.  Very sad to see a 630 year old house pretty much destroyed, especially at this time of year.

You will have to wait for details of the First of 2018.  Historically, it is often a long wait.

Last one of 2017 for me was on the command unit to a mill fire in Oldham. Wasn’t used and sent back! Like everyone else, one shift in and still waiting...

Last one of 2017 was an animal rescue, 26 year old horse gone down in a field, sadly didn't make it back up once the vet had assessed its poor health. First night shift tonight and nothing as yet. 

Yet to have first. Last of 2017 was a bus into back of a HGV. Interesting little job, badly injured driver cut from the drivers compartment via bulkhead. Few walking wounded with various injuries, plenty to do and a change from the norm.

BusvsHGV.jpg

On 01/01/2018 at 19:58, TandA said:

You will have to wait for details of the First of 2018.  Historically, it is often a long wait.

Not so long to wait this year.  Just crept in to 2nd Jan with an 11KV power cable downed by Storm Eleanor and arc-ing.  Babysat until arrival of UK power networks as there were several public footpaths close by the downed cable.

• 2 months later...

Has it really been 6 months since I last posted??!

The last call of 17 was a chimney on Christmas Day, the first of 18 was a 3 Car RTC, 50 yards from the station. 

17 hours ago, Dan J said:

Has it really been 6 months since I last posted??!

The last call of 17 was a chimney on Christmas Day, the first of 18 was a 3 Car RTC, 50 yards from the station. 

Hope you've had a call since then Dan.

• 2 months later...

Couldn’t tell you my first, but the last of 2017/first of 2018 was to vacant industrial building with its roof alight...

Only it turned out to be one of the paid “Guardians” having a small brazier on the flat roof so he could watch the fireworks across the city.

Once somebody had bucketed his bin-fire, we all got up there to see the new year in!