DFRMO and FRS Act 2004

HB12

I was under the impression that DFRMO or Mod fire service was now included within this act? 

Basically we have had all authority to drive on the public highway blue lights; under RT regulations removed. 

Because mod not recognised under the FRS act.

Somebody know the actual info? 

Cheers

I'm not sure on the details but  heard similar. Il try  and get some clarification off my WM who loves all things legislative tomorrow. Apparently Manston are no longer doing efads either? 

Don't know if this has affected places like Fylingdales/Wallop who have "outside the wire" agreements to respond to RTCS and the like. Was this mentioned in any of the routine orders recently?

Cheers. It’s stupid mate. Not aloud to blue light or anything other than mod property.

yeah all ERDs cancelled my mates one of the instructors. One of the raf instructors caused it all because he wrang his missus who is a solicitor. Just turns out that said instructor is “one of those”

This is an interesting one as surely operationally speaking, the F&RS for Fylingdales is North Yorkshire F&R and not DFRMO - albeit DFRMO cover their area? (etc)

LFB have a small number of Military sites - and where I once worked in west London a few that had their own DFRMO fire teams (RAF Northolt and what was RAF West Drayton). Despite the DFFROM fire appliances and crews, the LFB remained the local fire service for the site (except for fire safety enforcement). For example; Where there was a fire, it would be the LFB submitting the fire report to the Home Office .

Maybe this is why DFRMO is not recognised as a F&RS by the Act???  I don't know, but am just thinking out loud!

Yes the sites are under the local authorities. Dfrmo will enforce under RRO. However I believe the FRS act 2004 was amended to include mod firefighters for statutory powers of entry etc. So I’m trying to wonder does this give us exemptions of Road traffic act to using vehicles intended for fire service use. 

• Like 1

At this moment in time, drive to the gate, turn off lights and drive to the letter of the law, there is a line of thinking that DFRMO, MOD Police were left off the white paper on purpose so as not get pensions at 60, and make it easier to sell DFRMO off to the lowest bidder, MDP & CNC unions both fought the age/pension thing in the courts too no avail, what angers a lot of MDP I know is the idea of the employer's  that they can carry on to 67 as they are not real police but every time the threat level goes up they are on the streets tooled up in hours.

What happens if we get a "persons reported" off camp god only knows, can not see a coroner's court being impressed with the nearest pump to a fatal chugging along like tractor  

5 hours ago, OscarTango said:

I'm not sure on the details but  heard similar. Il try  and get some clarification off my WM who loves all things legislative tomorrow. Apparently Manston are no longer doing efads either? 

Don't know if this has affected places like Fylingdales/Wallop who have "outside the wire" agreements to respond to RTCS and the like. Was this mentioned in any of the routine orders recently?

Manston have been efad whilst we’ve been on site. Only stopped last week or so, as we’re the only ones on site at the minute.

The Mod also ran the Efad course at leconfield, might it be to do with the fact that at the moment no one is sure what is happening come the new year as DFRMO have lost the contract and it is a new company taking over.

it would be laughable, but for the fact aircraft do not aways crash on the airfield, and a lot of MOD housing/camps are spread over areas covered by one station, theres at least one camp where they will get to the fence, lights off cross the crossroads lights on

Funny thing after doing some research it’s been removed as because DFRMO isn’t a fire authority so we don’t have excemption under the road traffic act. So ERDs have been done illegally. However the armed forces act 2016 gave Mod firefighters the same exceptions and powers as lfa firefighters. Including the road traffic act. If any dfrmo guys want to look at it, it’s in CFOI PPR 1. I did put it to my boss but got told a lot smarter people have looked at this. ?

So this morning going home sat on the motorway, hear "blues and twos" so being the good (now ex erd) I am, quick 360 and check mirrors, ambo car coming, so get across out way.

It was a st johns ambo car, so what is a charity can drive on blues, but the government service that safeguards the QRA fighter jets and the nuclear deterrent cannot 

Makes you wonder

From what I understand re the St Johns situation if they are contracted to the NHS they can use and are covered to use blue lights but anything else is a no no, same with the likes of Amvale, Thames (various PTS service providers, some provide A&E ambulances too).

The whole thing is crazy. Now we can drive blue light on public roads, however we must obey all traffic laws including red traffic lights etc. Might as well have Christmas lights on! I went to bista the other day. They respond to RTC’s on public roads and do CoRo’s. Ridiculous.