LFB Station Statistics

Soho ticks over job wise, definitely. But there is a distinct lack of 'normal' housing on the ground which greatly affects the types of jobs. But therein lies the reason why it's a great place to work because it is anything but 'normal'. But for me it is the buzz of the place. Working on Shaftesbury Avenue in the heart of the west end with not a moments peace - if that's your sort of thing of course! Kensington isn't a particularly busy place to work but neighbours busy stations such as North Kensington and Hammersmith. West Hampstead also ticks over, not sure if Kentish Town counts as NW, that is certainly busy as well.

Yes it does (or did) have a long wait list. I put in a whole bunch of transfers when Bow shut (we all had to) and I had Soho on my list. When I got the report from EPT about where I was on each list, Soho was head and shoulders above the rest. Think I was something like 90th on the list! Mind you that was at a time when every firefighter at ten different stations had transfers in...

Not just shut, razed to the ground! At least it was replaced by a school and not more ‘affordable’ housing (only affordable to foreign investors that is). I had the honour of being on duty when it shut. I watched the pump drive out the bay doors for the last time, ironically on its way to my new station!