LFB - New High Rise Bag

Carefree

What do my fellow LFB colleagues think?

Some very useful pieces of equipment in there, such as the "room searched" tags and 45mm hose carrying straps.  The door wedge too is a useful bit of kit.  I'm also a huge fan of the new branch, much easier to find certain settings.

I also like the way that we can now label certain lines of hose.

Any thoughts?

Lets start calling it its real name, the F.I.R.E (Fire Initial Response Equipment) Bag as it is not exclusively for use at high rise jobs.

I know it may not sound like such an issue but as an officer who was at a station who have had it for a couple of years, I feel its important to do so. If we call it a high rise bag, we may not consider it for its equally beneficial uses at subsurface incidents or incidents where there is a distance of travel to scene of ops, such as hospitals. 

• Kudos 1

I can't see the benefit in those shiny fancy door wedges which will get nicked/lost surely cheaper to give half a dozen wooden wedges personal issued to FF's. 

8 hours ago, Aspire said:

Lets start calling it its real name, the F.I.R.E (Fire Initial Response Equipment) Bag as it is not exclusively for use at high rise jobs.

I know it may not sound like such an issue but as an officer who was at a station who have had it for a couple of years, I feel its important to do so. If we call it a high rise bag, we may not consider it for its equally beneficial uses at subsurface incidents or incidents where there is a distance of travel to scene of ops, such as hospitals. 

Well done Aspire. We need a bit more discipline on the site whipping these slack practises into shape?

A grab pack, 45mm hose carrying straps and hose line identifying kit. How novel?

Steve's prediction of putting wheels on the 135 is a step nearer

30 years ago when I joined the LFB there were stations trailing high rise bags. Everyone said they are a great idea.

The month I retire they turn up at the station to go on the run. Thats progress for you!!